The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Pittsfield, Massachusetts ...

wheregreggeats.com

Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Sun, 08/26/07 12:01 PM (permalink)
... is not a big RF epicenter.

Yet, I've had great mini hotdogs at both Teo's and The Hot Dog Ranch.

Anybody else been to either ???

I think it should be destination for Jane and Michael.

Star0082

• Total Posts: 89
    RE: Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Sun, 08/26/07 12:11 PM (permalink)
    You Bet !!! I was raised on those things. I spent the first 44 years of my life in Pittsfield and was raised on dogs from the Hot Dog Ranch, formerly Spring's Hot Dog Ranch. They were the origional shop on Linden Street. It is rumored that Teo worked for them and after a disagreement went out on his own. Don't know how true but that's always been the story. I was at the Ranch a couple of months ago and hadn't been there in years. They classed up their act but are on the edge of the worst part of the city. Teo's has also taken a hit on business with the GE moving most if not all of it's manufacturing out of the city. I believe the dogs are made at the local Whorle's meats, and I think the rolls come from the Pittsfield Rye Bakery. Well, that's my three cents worth. Tom

rongmtek

• Total Posts: 503
      RE: Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Sun, 08/26/07 1:47 PM (permalink)
      I suggested The Hot Dog Ranch when the FOOD network was trolling this website for places for a TV show (I think it was for Diners, Drive-Ins and something else). Oh, yeah- Dives.
      We used to go see the triple-A ball at Wahconah Park, and the Hot Dog Ranch was a few blocks away. We'd always smuggle a bunch of those little dogs into the ballpark- great snap!
      The price was right, too. I think it was 5 for 2 bucks, or thereabouts.
      Calling the Hot Dog Ranch a dive would have been an insult to dives back then (early to mid-90's).
      Ron

santacruz

• Total Posts: 372
        RE: Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Wed, 08/29/07 3:01 PM (permalink)
        Oh yeah I remember the Hot Dog Ranch just off North St. I also liked the Lantern right at that corner, they had really good steak sandwhiches, sure miss the Berkshires what a great area with good Italian food also. I used to like Jimmy's Italian and Angelas subs.

ayersian

RE: Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Thu, 01/31/08 11:22 AM (permalink)
          One of my students just now told me about Teo's, and I found[url='http://www.rbellinger.com/blog/2007/05/lunch-at-teo-pittsfield-ma.html']this[/url] after a quick search. My mouth is watering... Chris

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1560
            RE: Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Mon, 02/4/08 7:14 PM (permalink)
            I never knew that Pittsfield MA was another area with "little" hot dogs. I thought they were unique to Troy NY. I'm now curious whether the "little" hot dogs in Pittsfeld are the same size as those that the Troy area is noted for. They look a little bigger in the picture but that may just be due to the camera angle. ---Ken

santacruz

• Total Posts: 372
              RE: Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Wed, 02/6/08 3:11 PM (permalink)
              The Pittsfield dogs were bigger than Hot Dog Charleys or Famous Lunch in Troy.

redskin94

• Total Posts: 1
                RE: Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Mon, 03/3/08 8:58 AM (permalink)
                My parents grew up in Dalton and everytime we go back we have to stop at Teo's. I've even taken the 2+hr road trip with friends, and by myself, Just to get some dogs. My record 11 in one sitting...12 for the road. Hands down better than Springs. (Hot Dog ranch)

wheregreggeats.com

RE: Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Sat, 07/5/08 2:07 PM (permalink)
                  I ate at both, on two different days, over the weekend.

While I was eating at each, I decided that one was the best ... Overall, a pretty fair tie.

The Genney Cream at Teo's might give them 1/1,000,000th of an edge.

rongmtek

• Total Posts: 503
                    RE: Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Sat, 07/5/08 2:38 PM (permalink)
                    Ah, Genessee Cream Ale!
                    I used to be able to buy it around here (lower Hudson Valley), but now that you mention it, I have not seen it in many years.
                    But Yuengling (which was scarce some years ago) is widely available; Black & Tan 6-pack is usually about 5 or 6 bucks. A bargain.
                    Ron

lonewolfette9847

• Total Posts: 12
                      RE: Pittsfield, Massachusetts ... Sun, 05/17/09 9:42 PM (permalink)
                      Hasn't anyone else been to Jack's Hot Dogs on Eagle Street in North Adams?  They have the best hot dogs anywhere, hands down.  Plus, you can't beat the prices!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com