The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Doe's Eat Place - Paducah Ky

RibRater

• Total Posts: 1862
Doe's Eat Place - Paducah Ky Mon, 08/27/07 9:04 AM (permalink)
The wife and I drove over to Paducah (about 7 hours) on friday morning and arrived at Doe's just as they opened. They sat us in the dining room and provided a lunch menu. After explaining to the waitress that we just drove 7 hours and I wanted a big steak, she kindly provided the dinner menu. Our lunch consisted of two appetizers (fried shrimp - there were 7 and they were very good. And beef tamales - there were 3 and they were also very good), salads (fresh - no pics), a 28-30 oz ribeye, and fries. Total bill was about $60.00.

We split the ribeye and they charge an additional $6.50 split fee to add an additional salad and side for your dining partner.

Our opinion: Doe makes their own tamales and both the shrimp and tamales were VERY good. You can order the tamales with or without their home made chili..I opted to go without and just splashed some hot sauce on top. The salad was fresh and the blue cheese dressing was chunky and fresh tasting. The fries, as fries go, were spectacular. The steak - this was a large cut of high quality meat. Very tender and about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches thick. Doe's cooks the steak from the top and collects the juice in a pan underneath. They then poor the steak juice back on to the steak before serving. We tossed the fries onto that plate with the steak and had a great meal. If I were to complain it would be about the lack of salt and pepper on the steak when served. It was not seasoned at all and I prefer my steak to have both before cooking. Small issue.

Highly recommend you give them a try if in the area. They have several locations now outside of greenville ms but only three are family owned. I haven't been to a franchise store yet so I can't speak to the quality but the paducah store is family owned and it is worth a drive.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com