Labor Day Brisket on the Electric Smoker

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13548
2003/08/29 08:31:41 (permalink)

Labor Day Brisket on the Electric Smoker

A few weeks ago I bought an electric smoker to replace my charcoal smoker. There really wasn't anything wrong with the old one exceptic it was labor intensive having to keep pace with the charcoal and its usuage and temperature. I bought an electric one where you just set it and forget it.

I put a pork butt on with the coaching of the Mayor and Bushie. It was complete in about 6 hours and was really good.

This week end I am getting ready to try the brisket and I hope it works out as well.

I am a little confused to put it fat up or down. Seems the general consensus is to do the fat up. All I am going to do to prep the brisket is use a dry rub and let it go for 45 minutes per pound.

Will let all know how it turns out. I am gonna smoke it down on the dock and watch the Tennessee Football game on ESPN 2. My daughter is taking my tickets and my boat to the game. We will have to BBQ after they return, along with Tennessee sweet cole slaw, BBQ potato salad, peach pie, Tennessee baked beans, sour dough bread made fresh from the bread maker and of course some Tennessee libation.

I expect a very humid hot East Tennessee day.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

25 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1