The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

It's Nutt's - Titusville NJ

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
It's Nutt's - Titusville NJ Sun, 09/9/07 6:58 PM (permalink)
I've never been able to figure out where to post a review of one restaurant that covers more than one food category. But since this involved a day trip along the Delaware River in NJ/PA I'll post it under "Trip Reports".

I've been researching and "collecting" New Jersey Roadfood type places for over 20 years, and it always amazes me that there are still great places out there that I have never heard one word about. It's Nutt's, along the Delaware River on Rt 29 is one of them. I happened to stumble on a couple of real positive posts about it on a local forum a while back.

It's Nutt's has apparently been in the same spot for over 40 years, and it looks like it has not been fixed up since then. From the outside it looks as if it is about to fall down. They have an outdoor dining area that's really nothing more than a covered stone patio right by the side of the road. The inside is somewhat modernized and has seating for maybe 30 people.

But the food was great and the service couldn't have been friendlier. I ordered a whole tomato pie (it's only about 10 miles north of Trenton) and it was right up there with the best of the Trenton places. My daughter (I think her middle name lately is "Rueben") said her Rueben was the best she ever had. My wife raved about her grilled chicken salad.

It was a nice day for a walk along the Canal after lunch. All in all a great stop that hardly anyone knows about except the locals.

---Ken

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com