The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Future Trip to Boston Anyone?

Jimeats

• Total Posts: 3175
Future Trip to Boston Anyone? Fri, 09/21/07 7:02 AM (permalink)
It has just come to my attention that here in Boston come April 08 we will have a very busy week.
On the weekend of April 18,19 and 20th will be a tourists delight.
That is traditonaly Marathon weekend or I call it the Invasion of the stick people. Well this year comming they are having a Olympic qualifying race for the Womans Marathon, this will be held on the 18th. Then on Sunday the 19th the Pope is visiting and will say an outdoor Mass on the Common. Then of course on the 20th is the actual running of the Boston Marathon. You can start your day at Lexington and Concord at 5am for the reenactment of that battle. Then you can head to Fenway park for a Red Sox Game it starts at 11am that day. At the end of the game you can walk down the corner to Kenmore Square to watch the finish of the Marathon. All in all a very busy weekend comeing here in Boston.
I don't know how they do it but something of this magnatude they really clean up the city. They relocate the street people, pigeons seem to allmost disappear even the local rat population is reduced.
I am posting this just incase someone may want to start making plans to visit the area come April. Chow Jim

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6257
    RE: Future Trip to Boston Anyone? Sat, 09/22/07 5:43 AM (permalink)
    God bless Mayor Menino!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
      • Roadfood Insider
      RE: Future Trip to Boston Anyone? Sat, 09/22/07 9:47 AM (permalink)
      Jim,
      RE: The Rats and pigeons... When you have a city that will be as full of people as Boston will be that weekend, and traffic gridlocks every street...They gotta eat something !!

donnablue

• Total Posts: 15
        RE: Future Trip to Boston Anyone? Sat, 09/22/07 11:13 PM (permalink)
        Hey, Jimeats, we will be in Boston for the Marathon festivities. Our son runs in the Marathon (this will be his 9th Boston). He is not a "stick", but did go from 250 lbs down to 170 when he got serious about his eating habits and training. No more munchies at his place!
        We do have a tradition once a year on the Sat. before the Marathon. We eat at a little breakfast place in the South End called "Charlies". I'll get the address from my son. Anyway, great, huge breakfasts. Always a line 'cause it's a small place, but well worth the wait! The rest of the weekend we kind of wing it, as there alot of dinners for the runners----always pasta!!! But, "CHarlie's" is a gem of a breakfast place. Donnablue

sizz

• Total Posts: 1682
          RE: Future Trip to Boston Anyone? Sun, 09/23/07 1:07 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by donnablue

We do have a tradition once a year on the Sat. before the Marathon. We eat at a little breakfast place in the South End called "Charlies". I'll get the address from my son. Anyway, great, huge breakfasts. Always a line 'cause it's a small place, but well worth the wait! The rest of the weekend we kind of wing it, as there alot of dinners for the runners----always pasta!!! But, "CHarlie's" is a gem of a breakfast place. Donnablue
          Is this it?. http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writeup.aspx?ReviewID=1464&RefID=1456

Jimeats

• Total Posts: 3175
            RE: Future Trip to Boston Anyone? Mon, 09/24/07 7:46 AM (permalink)
            I was an early morning regular coustomer at Charlies for a number of years.
            That was back during the construction of Copley Place. It was a very busy spot in the early morning, somewhat of a seedy area back then, Charlie's drew people from all walks of life there. Now the area has become gentrified and is very trendy, many fine restaraunts in that area of Boston.
            Good luck trying to find a place to park though. Chow Jim

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com