Charlies Famous Italian Hot Dogs

Author
John Fox
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2335
2003/09/03 06:44:43 (permalink)

Charlies Famous Italian Hot Dogs

What a treat it was to see Charlies reviewed on Roadfood.com! I have been recommending this place for years. The best Italian Hot Dogs in Jersey, therefore the world. What sets them apart from other places, most notably Jimmy Buff's (the originator of the Italian Hot Dog) is that Charlies gives you more and better vegetables. Potatoes sliced nice and thin, great tasting green and red peppers, and bigger dogs than served at Jimmy Buff's and Tommy's, the two other well regarded places around here. I have reviewed hot dogs, and this place is at the top of my list. The hot dog used is a Best (N.J.) all beef frank. Most Italian Hot Dog joints use this dog, but a smaller version. Charlies also cooks it perfectly. The sandwich is always fresh. A lot of the other places leave the ingredients laying around in a steel pit under oil. They are plucked as needed rather than being cooked up fresh to order like Charlies.

My daughter works there so many people think I rate Charlies high for that reason. But she started working there after I had been going for some time and had already discovered that Charlies was the best after trying all the others. Great service also and a clean store. If you've never had an Italian Hot Dog, you're in for a treat. And even if you did, this place makes the best one.

5 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1