The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go?

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1066
Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go? Wed, 09/26/07 4:31 PM (permalink)
My friend Nancy told me that on the corner of Kitty Hawk Road and Loop 1604 in Universal City is a new place called Dough to Go or Pizza Dough to Go?
I guess you go in an order the pizza,they put on the toppings,and you take it home and bake it.I think it is some kind of franchise.
Does anyone have one in your area?
I may stop in and pick up a menu and get back to everone on it.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17855
    RE: Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go? Wed, 09/26/07 4:44 PM (permalink)
    There are several national "take and bake" chains, including Papa Murphy's, Figaro's, Nick-N-Willy's and Mama Mimi's, to name a few.

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3095
      RE: Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go? Wed, 09/26/07 10:05 PM (permalink)
      We've got a place due to open shortly in Milwaukee that sells unbaked dough (30 variety's I believe); ready for you to take home and bake. The concept sounds like a winner during winter, come summer and my oven never goes on.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
        RE: Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go? Wed, 09/26/07 10:11 PM (permalink)
        MILWFOODLOVERS: Where?

acer2x

• Total Posts: 440
          RE: Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go? Wed, 09/26/07 10:53 PM (permalink)
          In Philadelphia and South Jersey:

www.momsbakeathomepizza.com

Theedge

• Total Posts: 1196
            RE: Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go? Wed, 09/26/07 11:15 PM (permalink)
            We have a Papa Murphy's here in town. If you want to feed a bunch of kids on the cheap it's great. A huge pepperoni is $9.99. The taste is ok, but something in their product does not agree with my stomach.

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4900
              RE: Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go? Wed, 09/26/07 11:40 PM (permalink)
              You might want to take a hint from what I do when I want to make my own pizza. Up the street from me (in Dallas) is a very good pizza shop called Brothers Pizza. Their crust is outstanding! They are willing to sell me "raw" pizza dough, already risen, for $2.50 each medium pizza dough.
              I love making my own pizza sauce and make pizza with my own toppings. See if your favorite pizza shop will do the same for you.
              However, if you just want to bake a pizza, prepped with all the toppings, Costco sells huge pizza's with various toppings ready to bake for only $7.99! Each one will feed 8-10 people. They are so big, one side of the pie has to be bent up a bit to fit in the oven.

Jimeats

• Total Posts: 3175
                RE: Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go? Thu, 09/27/07 6:36 AM (permalink)
                Here in MA. at most grocery stores you can buy pizza dough fresh and frozen in a package. Raw pizzas are quite common also. But It's just so simple to make your own, and it dosen't take much time. Chow Jim

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3095
                  RE: Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go? Thu, 09/27/07 6:57 AM (permalink)
                  Ann, the ad said it is called the U Bake Home Bake Shop and besides the bread dough, they'll have over 50 cookie doughs, along with puff pastries, turnover doughs and frozen pies. It will at 4920 S. 74th St., open 7 days a week and the phone number listed is 817-0088. It did not say when they open.

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1066
                    RE: Any One hear heard of Pizza Dough to Go? Thu, 09/27/07 8:21 AM (permalink)
                    Hey,In a booklet in today's San Antonio Express News called Taste of the Town,the outfit I mentioned is called Dough to Go,and it is pizza dough. Still having some problems finding a website to check for prices.Thanks for all the suggestions.COSTCO is opening up in Selma next month.
                    One of the ladies at TJMAXX brought in some of their pizza one time that was already baked.It was very good.
                    My sister sometimes buys COSTCO cakes for parties at the home of friends,she says they are big suckers.
                    Can't wait to go in there when it opens. Was even thinking of applying for a job there part time,since they pay more than TJMAXX.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com