The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Can I just RAVE for Gio's in Tampa ????

SiennaINFLA

• Total Posts: 3
Can I just RAVE for Gio's in Tampa ???? Sun, 10/14/07 8:57 PM (permalink)
The facts:
3621 W Waters Ave
Tampa, FL 33614

My Review:
This place is the sh*t!
The waiters remember you, the service NEVER rushed or with an attitude, never crowded (although I wish it was, since these people deserve all the business in the world).

The area has lovely quiet live piano music to compliment your dinner meal, never too loud.
The free fresh bread is VERY tasty.

What I like best is how yummy the side veggies taste with main courses. I eat those first actually. ;)
Even veggie haters would be hard pressed to push them aside!

The chicken is beat very thin for max tenderness....I had the chicken parmesan, then chicken marsala. Large portion of chicken for the cost/taste too. (About 7oz for $9-$12)
The steak filet with gorgonzola sauce was just as amazing, perfectly cooked... a picky steak person ate the entire thing which they usually never do.
My mom is into seafood(I hate it lol), and she raved about the special (I forget the name...It was 3 types of seafood wrapped in a big pasta burrito looking thing w/ Princess sauce.)
My BF had the Penne with a yellow cheese/bacon/tomato/vodka sauce...AGAIN it was so freakin' good!
You leave here without feeling sickly stuffed, probably because they don't use tons of fake additives?
Top it off with the almond tiramisu!
Check it out please, you'll be glad you did!!

BASIC REVIEW: Maria Teresa and Disraeli Calderons' son Giovanni, the little restaurant offers simple elegance with oak, linens and vintage black-and-white photos of Sophia Loren. Regulars include experienced die-hard foodies, who chat with servers and the Calderons while relaxing to 1950's Italian pop at a pleasing volume. Live piano music is featured on the weekends, when people spill out onto the front patio.

Gio's main chefs, Rafael and Asuneio 'Piccolo' Castellanos, gained fame at South Tampa dining landmark Donatello. The two concoct sumptuously classic dishes with original flair. Rafael's creation, Gamberi e Piu, piles on jumbo shrimp, chicken breast and scallops sauteed in lemon, white wine, garlic, butter, fresh parsley and tomatoes, all served over angel hair pasta. Another seafood sensation is the fresh calamari salad, which features garlic-and-lemon marinated calamari over fresh spinach and mixed greens. Few restaurants offer the Italian squid staple in its uncooked glory, opting for the fried appetizer version, which Gio's also serves. The pasta e fagioli soup is hearty and exquisitely healthy, bursting with fresh herbs and navy beans. Maria Teresa manages Gio's expansive, affordable wine list and will recommend the best pinot grigio or chianti available. The tiramisu and espresso are top-notch. -- Julie Garisto (Photo: Julie Garisto)

wheregreggeats.com

RE: Can I just RAVE for Gio's in Tampa ???? Sun, 10/14/07 9:36 PM (permalink)
    uh huh

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com