Buffetbuster & Cousin Tour South

Author
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10235
2007/10/16 19:12:31 (permalink)

Buffetbuster & Cousin Tour South

Friday October 12, 2007

It is time for the annual trip for my cousin Johnny and I. The game plan is to fly in and out of Nashville and spend the week exploring Georgia and Alabama, with small amounts of time in Florida and Tennessee.

While at the airport in Pittsburgh waiting for my plane, I bought the latest Gourmet, which coincidentally had an article by Jane & Michael about hot fish and hot chicken in Nashville. Since the article featured Eastside Fish, that was the natural target. I called and they were open until 11:00. After meeting at the Nashville airport, we were on our way.

I really liked the atmosphere at Eastside Fish. When it was my turn to order, I told them it was my first time there. The guy who took my order yelled to someone in the back, "Hey, we got a first timer here" and the guy in the back yelled up "Where you been"? We took our food back to our hotel

Here is the two piece whiting fish, along with sides of fries and green beans:

I actually asked for the side of spaghetti, but got the fries instead. The fish was nice and crunchy, the fries were well seasoned and the green beans were ultra soft and flavorful.

Johnny turned his fish into a hefty sandwich, which ended up looking like:

For dessert, Johnny had the pecan pie, while I sampled the chess pie:

Much more to follow....
post edited by buffetbuster - 2009/01/05 10:36:36

114 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1