The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Roadfood in the Arizona Star

Michael Stern

Roadfood in the Arizona Star Wed, 02/26/03 7:11 PM (permalink)
Nice story about Roadfood in today's Arizona Star:

http://www.azstarnet.com/star/wed/30226Roadfood.html

marberthenad

• Total Posts: 509
    RE: Roadfood in the Arizona Star Sat, 09/11/04 9:50 PM (permalink)

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
      RE: Roadfood in the Arizona Star Sun, 09/12/04 12:04 AM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Michael Stern

Nice story about Roadfood in today's Arizona Star:

http://www.azstarnet.com/star/wed/30226Roadfood.html

Sorry, but for me anyway this link doesn't work--I get the Star OK but not anything about Roadfood nor can I find it by searching. I'd like to see what they say because I spend my winters near Tucson these days and would like to see something about Roadfood in that area. But where is it?

The link suggests it was in Wednesday's food section--but was it last Wednesday? I didn't see it there.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
        RE: Roadfood in the Arizona Star Sun, 09/12/04 12:20 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by BT

Sorry, but for me anyway this link doesn't work--I get the Star OK but not anything about Roadfood nor can I find it by searching. I'd like to see what they say because I spend my winters near Tucson these days and would like to see something about Roadfood in that area. But where is it?

The link suggests it was in Wednesday's food section--but was it last Wednesday? I didn't see it there.

I think you have to realize that the original post by Michael Stern was done February 26, 2003, but the link takes you to the current issue of the Arizona Star!

When you use the link, click on "Star Archive" and type in "Roadfood" in the Search Box. The second of three results you get will be the article Michael Stern was referring to. The only catch is that, except for the five lines that they tease you with, you have to BUY the article in order to read it.

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
          RE: Roadfood in the Arizona Star Sun, 09/12/04 3:23 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by 6star

quote:
          Originally posted by BT

Aha! I hadn't noticed how old the Stern post was. And it's pretty standard that you can't read articles that old for free. I'll probably skip it since the info would also be pretty old even if I could read it.

I think you have to realize that the original post by Michael Stern was done February 26, 2003, but the link takes you to the current issue of the Arizona Star!

When you use the link, click on "Star Archive" and type in "Roadfood" in the Search Box. The second of three results you get will be the article Michael Stern was referring to. The only catch is that, except for the five lines that they tease you with, you have to BUY the article in order to read it.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed how old the link was. And it's not uncommon for newspapers to charge for archival material more than a week or so old. Since the info is as old as the link, I guess I'll skip it.

Rex Allen

• Total Posts: 157
            RE: Roadfood in the Arizona Star Sun, 09/12/04 6:53 AM (permalink)
            Thank you for pointing out the difference in dates of the Arizona Star article. Rex in hot,expensive San Diego.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com