The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

HELPwhere to get good single dip malted milk balls

Ginger9708

• Total Posts: 23
HELPwhere to get good single dip malted milk balls Sat, 10/27/07 11:36 AM (permalink)
Does anyone know of a good place to order malted milk balls. I dont like the double dipped chocolate ones, i prefer them more malt in the middle and lightly coated in a good chocolate, not a waxy cheap chocolate like whoppers. I used to order from Vermont Country Store but they no longer carry them. My mom mentioned that Brach's Malts are good and I did find them online but only for a big order like 6 pounds, does anyone have any other recommendations of a great malted milk ball.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17839

rongmtek

• Total Posts: 503
      RE: HELPwhere to get good single dip malted milk balls Sat, 10/27/07 3:28 PM (permalink)
      And here's yet another:
      Catherine's Chocolate Shop, in Great Barrington, MA.
      Mail order: 800 345-2462
      When we used to bounce around the Berkshires, my wife swore by their malted milk balls. I'm not much of a MMB kinda guy, but even I liked these.
      I just called: $4.25 for an 8-ounce bag. No website at the moment; the woman I spoke to by phone said, "Give me a week, while I kill my webmaster."
      Ron

Ginger9708

• Total Posts: 23
        RE: HELPwhere to get good single dip malted milk balls Sat, 10/27/07 4:17 PM (permalink)
        Thanks very much for the websites and for actually calling the candy place to get the information for me, I really appreciate it.

cybele

• Total Posts: 74
          RE: HELPwhere to get good single dip malted milk balls Sat, 10/27/07 4:23 PM (permalink)
          I too like a lot of malt in my malted milk balls.

My favorite is made by Harmony and is carried in the bulk section of some grocery stores. Well, it used to be, I've been having trouble finding them now. They had the perfect balance of milk chocolate and crispy malt.

I like Wilbur's that Michael listed, but they are double or triple dipped, so there's a lot of (good) chocolate on there.

The Nuts Online ones also have a thick coating on them, if they're made by Koppers (as are the other gourmet ones on the list).

There's also a brand from the UK/Canada called Malteasers. They have a very thin shell of chocolate on them, though it's not very good. The malt is less pronounced though.

Jimeats

• Total Posts: 3175
            RE: HELPwhere to get good single dip malted milk balls Sat, 10/27/07 6:50 PM (permalink)
            Is that anything like a single malt Scotch? Sorry just had to ask.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com