The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

What happened to the Charlie's Steakhouse review?

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
What happened to the Charlie's Steakhouse review? Tue, 10/30/07 1:22 PM (permalink)
As Charlie's Steakhouse is the closest Stern-approved restaurant to me, I've been thinking about trying it for awhile now.

But I can't find the review anymore. Charlie's in Greenville, SC. I do a search for SC restaurants and it doesn't come up. I do a search for Greenville and all I get is Doe's Eat Place, which is a little far to travel for a steak.

Anybody know if anything's happened to Charlie's?

buffetbuster

RE: What happened to the Charlie's Steakhouse review? Tue, 10/30/07 1:34 PM (permalink)
    I noticed the same thing last week. Charlie's website doesn't report anything different about the place. I can tell you from what I have found, there is always an excellent reason for a review to be archived, such as new ownership or the signature item from the review is no longer offered.

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
      RE: What happened to the Charlie's Steakhouse review? Tue, 10/30/07 2:20 PM (permalink)
      Thanks, bb. I might see if they're open next time I'm in Greenville.

buffetbuster

RE: What happened to the Charlie's Steakhouse review? Tue, 10/30/07 3:10 PM (permalink)
        Here is the website I mentioned:

http://www.charliessteakhousegreenville.com/

It even says right on the first page under same management. So it had to be for a different reason.

ayersian

RE: What happened to the Charlie's Steakhouse review? Tue, 10/30/07 3:15 PM (permalink)
          Improvisor, what about the Beacon? That's just in Spartanburg, not terribly far from G'ville...

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15076
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: What happened to the Charlie's Steakhouse review? Tue, 10/30/07 4:26 PM (permalink)

Not having been to Charlie's, but seeing the menu is printed "priceless", I would have to assume it is not in direct competition with the Beacon Drive-In! I have no knowledge of why the place is no longer on the list on this site. Send Bruce a note asking about it.

Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle

• Total Posts: 1350
              • Roadfood Insider
              RE: What happened to the Charlie's Steakhouse review? Tue, 10/30/07 4:49 PM (permalink)
              We constantly reconsider and reevaluate all the restaurants listed on this site. We archive reviews for the following reasons: the place is closed; it's been too long since any of us has been there; the essential nature of the place has changed; there's been a change in ownership that we feel is significant and we haven't yet returned to check it out; we change our minds about whether the place really fits the Roadfood concept; we receive a lot of feedback that indicates that our original assessment may no longer apply; we no longer feel the quality warrants inclusion on Roadfood.com. That's all I can think of at the moment, but there are probably other reasons that crop up from time to time.

matilda

• Total Posts: 667
                RE: What happened to the Charlie's Steakhouse review? Fri, 12/28/07 3:17 PM (permalink)
                This is interesting. I may have to make some calls to up there and find out what's going on. When I was last living up there the place was still doing a brisk business. And it's location is excellent. Hm. Curiouser and curiouser.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com