Originally posted by billyboy
Definitely! I've gotta get out and travel some more. There are some great looking sandwiches on this site. I had never even HEARD of a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich until I found Roadfood. Now I'm dying for one!
For you billyboy I better post my Top 10 breaded pork tenderloin sandwich list here too.
1. Nick's Kitchen, Huntington, IN - This one sets the standard and the only one I am aware of that is prepared well in advance to be melt in your mouth tender.
2. Suzie-Q Cafe, Mason City, IA - Not breaded but battered. Still it was so different with a taste explosion in your mouth that you realize you bit into something special.
3. The Red Onion, Sheridan, IN - Everything is made from scratch right down to the large bun to complement the large very tasty well prepared tenderloin.
4. Green Street, Brownsburg, IN - Very well made. Also they give you choices of grilled, breaded, battered and with ham and cheese. But underlying is a very good tenderloin.
5. Townhouse Supper Club, Wellsburg, IA - The 2006 IPPA winner in Iowa and very deserving all around very good tenderloin.
6. St. Olaf Tap, St. Olaf, IA - The "World's Largest" and definitely bigger than the oft-cited Joensy's in Solon, IA. Not only that but it was way better tasting.
7. The Rockwell Inn, Morris, IL - This one was a chance surprise. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. I flipped a mental coin between this place and the Igloo in Peru, IL and was glad I chose it. It had size, tenderness and very good breading.
8. Jerry's Woodsweather Cafe, Kansas City, MO - This is a place to love and the tenderloins are made with loving care.
9. Billy O'Neal's, Indianapolis, IN - Another surprise. I went there only because the bar was named after a high school classmate of mine. But wow!
10. Muldoon's, Carmel, IN - An Irish Pub in old downtown Carmel. It was worthy and better than the Nickel Plate in Fishers, IN that was the winner of Indy Men's Magazine 2005 64 restaurant BPT taste down tournament.