The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Greetings from Heidleberg, Germany

NYNM

• Total Posts: 3037
Greetings from Heidleberg, Germany Wed, 11/21/07 2:04 PM (permalink)
Hi Folks We are here in Heidelberg for one week visiting German friends.

We just finished lunch at a lovely local restaurant that featured cookoo clocks on the walls and great food on the table. Today (Wed) was Schnitzel Day = featruing 6 varities of Schnitzel mit noodles ´I had the paprika version, yum yum.
My daughter orderd the "Hawaiian" (?) Salat which was roasted chicken, pineapple and greens, better than it sounds.

Yesterday we crossed the border into France and ate in Wissembourg ´right at the beginning of Alsace ´My daughter had a flammkuchen ´a sort of thin pizza with cheese and bacon bits. I had something fairly good
a pork dish in red wine sauce with roasted chestnuts on the side. I say fairly good because they didnt speak English and my French is rusty and I understood the "porc" part OK, but then the waitress began to point to the cheeks of her face, and I didnt really want to ask anymore.
We also had pretty good Mexican food ´and great music from a group from Dominican Republic at another local place in Rohrbach, a suburb of Heidelberg.
At my friends house we are enjoying the fresh yogurts, huge breakfasts, pastries and a very refreshing carbonated grapefruit drink called peterstaler brand. We also had a delicious chicken dish, and "four homemade cakes dessert" at a friends house.

Tomorrow we go to the Black Forest for a few days over US Thanksgiving.....

Auf wiedersehen

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com