How Do You Like Your Hot Dog?

Author
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2257
2007/11/29 09:14:23 (permalink)

How Do You Like Your Hot Dog?

The Hot Dog no doubt is The All American Food. We can argue pizza, hamburgers, chili etc. But one must agree that the Hot Dog rules as #1. Its regional variations and versions are really amazing. Whether it be mustard, chili, mayonnaise, relish, cheese, bacon or God forbid Ketchup. The ways they are served across the country are astounding. Even the cooking methods are different from the Deep Fried Rippers, Griddle top classics, Boiled in beer, Chicken broth, or Water. Heck when I was in college I used to electrify them with an extension cord and a couple forks in my dorm. One thing stands true Everyone has a favorite and most stand behind there version to the death and long for there return home to relive the Hot Dog of there youth. As long as I live, travel, and try many of the styles across this country I will always be a Detroit Coney advocate as the best version. As would a Chicago native continue to run it thru the garden with a little celery salt on top. (a version I love also) I also think that all of us Hot Dog addicts have tried to duplicate the versions we treasure most. If you could explain how you eat your Hot Dog. How you prepare it. What is the best place or Restaurant to get it? And post your recipe if you have one. I will be looking forward to your replies. Have Fun Russ
post edited by Russ Jackson - 2010/03/11 09:09:05

142 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1