Does anyone make a great pizza anymore?

Author
Russ Jackson
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2257
2007/11/30 14:17:00 (permalink)

Does anyone make a great pizza anymore?

Great Pizza seems to be almost something of the past. Especially on the chain store level. The cost of quality ingredients makes it impossible. If you were to use top quality mozzerella or true pepperoni it would cost $20 or more for a good quality pie. Making this way to pricey for family delivery. Remember when they used small thick pepperoni and it would curl up creating a pool of grease. The slightly burnt thin crust with small balls of cornmeal on the bottom. The yeast bubbles throughout the pie with a tough airey olive oil coated outer crust. And most of all the slight bite of the parmesian reggiano cheese that was dusted on the top quality tomatoe sauce.Then it was delivered to the waiting family at the door hot, and when the brown paper wrapper was opened a plume of steam permiated the room with a smell second to none. This was the pizza I used to get in Detroit from a place called Midtown Pizza when I was young. Today I eat at a place in Ohio now called The Flying Pizza which is very good but only a mere shadow of pizza greatness.The sad thing is that a true pizza hasnt been available for an entire generation now. And we are lucky to have one great pizza place in any given city. I would love to know where you all go to get a great pizza.

56 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1