The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Mexican Groceries in LA

salindgren

• Total Posts: 275
Mexican Groceries in LA Mon, 12/3/07 5:05 AM (permalink)
Just a little note for those of us in LA. Do yourself a favor and check out these three locations:

The "Super A" supermarket at Soto & 4th, east of the river. Good prices on lots of staples, but a little gringo-ized. Right next to Smart & Final, too. S&F is the best choice for dairy stuff, and eggs. Get the card for these guys. You don't have to carry it, they'll take a phone # for the on sale stuff.

Now, right next to the S&F south of Olympic, just west of Alameda, (and 1/2 a block west of the S&F) there are two produce markets, they appear to be open 7 days/wk. I only discovered these guys today, DUH. Unbelievably cheap, I mean it. No cash registers, no union employees, no stinking badges. It's like another world.

OK, here's another one. There's a crazy Mex-Market on Olympic, just east of Soto, on the north side. Next to the Sears auto operation. These guys are weak on produce, but they do have some weird fruit. But they have an encyclopedic variety of salsas. Any every Goya product. Even the pasta is made in Mexico. It's wild, suddenly you are in Michoacan or something. This place was obviously a Jewish superstore decades ago, it's called "Fine's Foods", and it's in Boyle Heights.

Happy shopping,

-Scott Lindgren
213 219 7160
scottlindgren@netzero.net

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com