The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Road Trip! FL/GA/SC/NC/PA/MD +more! (Pics added)

Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 151 to 158 of 158
Glenn1234

• Total Posts: 509
RE: Road Trip! FL/GA/SC/NC/PA/MD +more! (Pics added) Sun, 12/29/13 11:38 PM (permalink)

Nice report!   It appears that some of the closings were because it was around New Year Day.   Perfectly understandable, especially in small restaurants that do tend to close around Holidays.  
By the way, doo you still not like eastern NC BBQ, or have you found any you like?  

Glenn

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
    RE: Road Trip! FL/GA/SC/NC/PA/MD +more! (Pics added) Mon, 12/30/13 3:16 AM (permalink)
    I still believe that eastern NC-style BBQ is an acquired taste which I have yet to acquire.

Glenn1234

• Total Posts: 509
      RE: Road Trip! FL/GA/SC/NC/PA/MD +more! (Pics added) Mon, 12/30/13 1:12 PM (permalink)
      The Travelin Man

I still believe that eastern NC-style BBQ is an acquired taste which I have yet to acquire.

Perfectly understandable.  Though I like eastern NC BBQ, I have my own list of foods I have yet to acquire a taste for.

Glenn

buffetbuster

RE: Road Trip! FL/GA/SC/NC/PA/MD +more! (Pics added) Mon, 12/30/13 1:16 PM (permalink)
        I said it before and I'll say it again.....  This is the most entertaining trip report ever!

The Travelin Man

RE: Road Trip! FL/GA/SC/NC/PA/MD +more! (Pics added) Mon, 12/30/13 2:49 PM (permalink)
          Follow up - 

(1) One of the other "traditions" that seems to have begun with this trip is that I have a habit of leaving my camera bag behind at restaurants. It has happened a few times since, but the first time was at Parker's. I missed the first half of our basketball team's game because I had to drive back out to Parker's to pick up my camera.

(2) I have always credited buffetbuster with coining "Travelin' Manned" as a verb. Is it possible that it was nancypalooza?

(3) Re-reading this thread makes me miss writing trip reports.

buffetbuster

RE: Road Trip! FL/GA/SC/NC/PA/MD +more! (Pics added) Mon, 12/30/13 3:21 PM (permalink)
            TTM-
            I saw that and it made me wonder.  Let me go back and find the first time I used it to see.

And I think I speak for many people on here who also miss you doing trip reports.  But, I also realize with your traveling schedule (much more brutal than mine), there just isn't time.

buffetbuster

RE: Road Trip! FL/GA/SC/NC/PA/MD +more! (Pics added) Mon, 12/30/13 3:27 PM (permalink)
              Okay, it looks like the first time (which can be found towards the bottom of this page) I used it was February 15, 2008 after finding Porubsky's Grocery in Topeka closed.  And it looks like she used it a week later.  This made me think I was losing it for a minute..... 
              <message edited by buffetbuster on Mon, 12/30/13 3:28 PM>

The Travelin Man

RE: Road Trip! FL/GA/SC/NC/PA/MD +more! (Pics added) Mon, 12/30/13 8:17 PM (permalink)
                Nancypalooza is always trying to ride your coattails. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                  Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 151 to 158 of 158

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com