Jocko's, Nipomo, California - BEST STEAKS

Author
hydrationprincess
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2007/12/18 14:55:30 (permalink)

Jocko's, Nipomo, California - BEST STEAKS

For those of you who are venturing through California, you MUST stop at Jocko's Steakhouse in a little town called Nipomo, California. It is about 8 miles north of Santa Maria in the Central Coast area of California. My husband and I live in Nipomo and it took us over a year to get up the nerve to visit Jocko's - it's not the nicest looking steakhouse. And boy were we disappointed that it took us so long when we finally made it. This place is INSANE! We eat there whenever we get the chance. The filet cut is my personal favorite. It is a minimum of 18 oz of perfectly cut beef with very, very little fat and it is cooked to perfection all the way through every time! I don't know how the guys does it (he is a Culinary Institute Graduate) but it is without a doubt the best steak we have ever eaten - and we have tried many steaks throughout the U.S. The side dishes are just ok...nothing at all to write home about. But no one goes to Jocko's for the side dishes. You get a salad (basically iceberg lettuce with a slice of a beet on top) and choice of steamed rice, baked potato or fries, Jocko's baked beans and their delicious garlic break. You also get a scoop of ice cream with your dinner. The filet is about $30 and well worth it. This place ALWAYS has a wait for dinner so call ahead for reservations. Sometimes the wait can be almost 2 hours! Jocko's address and phone number are:
125 N. Thompson Avenue, Nipomo, CA, (805) 929-3686. Take the Tefft Street exit off of Highway 101 in Nipomo - this is actually the ONLY exit in Nipomo, so you can't go wrong. Jocko's is a VERY casual place and the seats are VERY close together. Hopefully you don't mind cozying up with strangers. For a treat, head out back and watch them do their magic at the grill. Best of all - ENJOY!!!

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1