Please help. I can't fight the craving...

Author
matty373
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
2007/12/20 13:57:41 (permalink)

Please help. I can't fight the craving...

Hello. My first post. What an interesting site.

I need help, and from what I can tell, Bushie might be able to provide it. I am from southwest Missouri (now living in southern Indiana) and I have been craving Casper's chili. For those unfamiliar, Casper's is a tiny chili dive in Springfield, Mo. It is in a quonset hut close to downtown and while purists wouldn't consider it chili, if you are ever anywhere near it, do yourself a favor and go there. I recommend the frito pie, but it is all good. I feel warm and bloated just thinking about it.

Back to the chili. Casper's opened sometime around 1910 and the same family owned it until a few years ago. The recipe is a closely guarded secret that only a few people know. The only thing they have said is that it doesn't have onions or tomatoes. For the life of me, I can't figure out how they make it without tomatoes.

If anyone here has tried it (I know Bushie has because I searched for it and he mentioned it) please help me figure out the recipe. If you haven't tried it, maybe you have heard of something similar.

Here is a link to some photo's of the place. Trust me, it is even weirder than it looks.

chaimelle.blogspot.com/2007/01/caspers-restaurant-in-downtown.html

Thanks for any help.

32 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1