The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Thanksgiving dinner

Judy Lewis

• Total Posts: 1
Thanksgiving dinner Mon, 09/15/03 11:36 AM (permalink)
My family and I had lunch at the Dillard House in Dillard, Ga this summer when we were on vacation from the Wash, DC area. We would really enjoy going back down to Dillard for Thanksgiving dinner, but the 11 hour drive that it would involve is out of the question.We would, however, consider driving a couple of hrs in any direction if anyone had a recommendation of a unique place to have this holiday meal.Any suggestions will be most appreciated!

jpatweb

• Total Posts: 232
    RE: Thanksgiving dinner Mon, 09/15/03 1:46 PM (permalink)
    I had Thanksgiving dinner at Groffs Farm in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, a few times during the 90s. It was bounteous and as good as could be, however, Groffs has undergone some changes in the last few years and I haven't been back to see whether the changes have affected their food service. It might be worth calling them and asking about holiday menus, prices, etc. It's just a couple hours from DC.

Another option is Graves Mountain Lodge in Syria, Virginia. They, too, serve a family-style feast. Beautiful setting at the base of Shenandoah Nat'l Park, maybe 90 minutes from DC. Although they push their lodging plan, nonlodgers are welcome to eat there, provided reservations are made. http://www.gravesmountain.com

chezkatie

• Total Posts: 1329
      RE: Thanksgiving dinner Mon, 09/15/03 1:58 PM (permalink)
      This might fit the bill.......it is a great family restaurant where each person orders their entree and everything else is passed family style......you get lots to eat! I think they are open on Thanksgiving but you should call.

Friendly Farms
      17434 Foreston Rd.
      Upperco, MD 21155
      410-239-7400

I would say it would be well under 2 hours depending on where you live.

RubyRose

• Total Posts: 2187
        RE: Thanksgiving dinner Mon, 09/15/03 4:37 PM (permalink)
        One year, our big family dinner was changed to the Sunday after Thanksgiving so we had Thanksgiving dinner at one of the taverns in Colonial Williamsburg (Shields, if I recall). It was a perfect spot to celebrate a holiday so connected to our American heritage and it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, although we did make reservations in advance.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com