The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Toppings gouging

salindgren

• Total Posts: 275
Toppings gouging Sat, 01/5/08 9:54 PM (permalink)
I was just kvetching over at the forum covering Fast-Food franchises, somebody asked "What's the WORST major chain?". Lots of votes for the usual suspects, burger-wise, but LOTS of people who really hate Domino's and Pizza Hut. I only order Domino's once in a while, thin crust, and inhale it NOW, because it's no good later. Domino's will deliver to me in downtown LA, and the "2+2+2" deal is not overpriced, two pizzas, each with two toppings, and a 2 liter Coke. But I only do that if I'm too lazy to drive elsewhere. We have a new crop of MUCH better pizza operations in downtown, just in the last two or three years, places with more exotic toppings. Wild mushrooms, fancier cheeses, basil, etc.
Of course, many people regard Subway as the worst major chain, but I would point out that at least while you are standing there, you can tell them just what you want, and the selection is usually not too bad, sometimes they even have baby spinach, stuff like that. Anyway, what's good about that setup is they don't start nickel & diming you to death, like almost any pizza parlor will. Now, I can understand if you want to start piling on expensive stuff like anchovies, or any meats, or ****ake mushrooms, they will have to charge for that, but what kills me is when they want a dollar for a bit of black olive, another dollar for bell pepper, onion, plain mushrooms, you name it, they want another buck for stuff that is clearly almost free to them. A ten dollar pie can easily rocket to fourteen or more (some places want $1.50 for a little chopped jalapeno!) Am I right? Oh, and get this: Domino's does not even offer garlic!
What do others out there think about this?
-Scott Lindgren scottlindgren@netzero.net

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com