Lombardi's Pizza delivery (with pics)-Part 2

Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2434
2008/01/06 02:29:21 (permalink)

Lombardi's Pizza delivery (with pics)-Part 2

My GF and I had Lombardi's last night and this time I managed to remember to snap a shot before diving in. We also ordered a calzone with mushrooms and roasted red peppers too.

The calzone, cut in half. Showcasing the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, mushroom and roasted red pepper filling. Very rich and delicious. A definite winner here.

The bottom of the calzone, an important part of seeing what is going on in the pizza oven. A blackened spot, a good sign. (Well, I had a photo of it here before, but some glitch sent a new photo of mine in it's place that I just deleted). Sorry.
The whole calzone. Some char on this that was missing on the pie and a side of their tomato sauce for dipping.

The whole pie, half with meatballs and half with roasted red peppers. The meatballs were the kind I wish I could make at home and the roasted red pepper were great as always. A good amount of fresh mozzarella, basil and a not too sweet tomato sauce made this a great pie. I would have liked some char on the crust, but didn't think to ask for it. Truth be told, I don't think my GF would have gone in for that at all.

18 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1