The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Chili stats

salindgren

• Total Posts: 275
Chili stats Sun, 01/6/08 2:25 PM (permalink)
It's interesting that the Chili area here has only 10 more posts than the Soups area, 160 vs 150. The Hot Dog posts are almost 10 times the Chili posts. This seems to indicate to me, I don't want to say a bias, but a clear heavy leaning toward the east coast at Roadfood. What is it with the Hot Dogs?? They even outweigh the burgers by a huge margin.
I think it's probably true that chili is not an east coast thing, but it's odd to me that both the soups and chili departments are not better represented, assuming that both would be comforting in a cold climate like the east coast. Here in the desert (So CA) we eat chili year round. Even when it's 100+ degrees. Makes you sweat, which cools you off. White trash air-conditioning.
Well, I'll put in another vote for Chili John's in Burbank. Best, most distinct chili I've ever seen. Finely chopped beef, not ground, nicely HOT, served up any way you like, tamales, spaghetti, beans, whatever. The finest dog I've ever had, spicy and snappy. Free refills on sodas. Little tiny crackers, hot yellow peppers, chopped onion, it's a beautiful thing. Been around since 1919 or so.
-Scott Lindgren scottlindgren@netzero.net

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com