The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Chili & bubbly?

salindgren

• Total Posts: 275
Chili & bubbly? Sun, 01/6/08 3:35 PM (permalink)
I don't like beer, and I sure don't like it in my chili. Someone was talking about "Merlot in Chili?", and that sounds bad, too. But, that got me thinking about champagne. Not IN the chili. Now, over and over you'll read people talking about how champagne goes with ANYTHING. Oh really? I'd like to see how it stands up to chili! Not a real delicate pale Blanc de Blanc type deal, but a nice sturdy Rose, right? Something that can fight back! I understand that the carbonation in beer helps clean the palate. But I hate beer. And love champagne. So this is an idea I wanna try out. I'll betcha this could be good, REAL good.
Please ya'll, be guinea pigs (and I do mean pigs) for me on this. Tell me which reasonably priced ROSE bubbly you like with your chili! Californian would be the most sensible choice I think. If you're eating alone, you can get 1/2 bottles.
Uh, outside of this query, and excluding beer, what do ya'll wash the chili down with? I lean toward my own iced tea. If I dump a lot of habaneros in there, I might need milk.
-Scott Lindgren scottlindgren@netzero.net

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com