Chili & bubbly?

Author
salindgren
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 275
2008/01/06 15:35:28 (permalink)

Chili & bubbly?

I don't like beer, and I sure don't like it in my chili. Someone was talking about "Merlot in Chili?", and that sounds bad, too. But, that got me thinking about champagne. Not IN the chili. Now, over and over you'll read people talking about how champagne goes with ANYTHING. Oh really? I'd like to see how it stands up to chili! Not a real delicate pale Blanc de Blanc type deal, but a nice sturdy Rose, right? Something that can fight back! I understand that the carbonation in beer helps clean the palate. But I hate beer. And love champagne. So this is an idea I wanna try out. I'll betcha this could be good, REAL good.
Please ya'll, be guinea pigs (and I do mean pigs) for me on this. Tell me which reasonably priced ROSE bubbly you like with your chili! Californian would be the most sensible choice I think. If you're eating alone, you can get 1/2 bottles.
Uh, outside of this query, and excluding beer, what do ya'll wash the chili down with? I lean toward my own iced tea. If I dump a lot of habaneros in there, I might need milk.
-Scott Lindgren scottlindgren@netzero.net

31 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1