breakfast popularity, costs, recipes?

Author
salindgren
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 275
2008/01/06 17:20:45 (permalink)

breakfast popularity, costs, recipes?

Seems like breakfast is a pretty hot subject on Roadfood. Makes sense, if lots of members are in fact on the road. I see lots of topics running to lots of pages. When I can afford to travel, I too like to get started with brekkers. But, right now, I'm confined to home, and home cookin'.
I'm pretty well satisfied with my scrambled eggs, but I wonder if anyone has some inventive concepts there. I'm tossing green onion, roasted serranos, and a little 1/2 & 1/2 in there, then some kind of hot sauce and cheese on top. I do crave spicy. Can't handle plain eggs. On the potato side, I'm fine with frozen tater tots or crinkle cut fries. They are just so easy to do in the oven, any easy ideas about fresh potatoes? As much as I like waffles and pancakes, I seem to be a little lazy about working with the mixes, and spraying the waffle iron, and all that, THEN there is the problem of the maple syrup. I will NOT eat phony maple syrup, and the good stuff is so darned expensive. I don't really like the differentiation in fried or poached eggs, prefer scrambled, so that rules out a lot. Sorry. Let's keep looking at the scramble. On meats, I like really crisp bacon, but again, like the syrup, I'm looking at cost, I want an everyday type budget I can deal with. On breads: I like all types. I find that the "Francisco" brand sourdough is flexible, I can do all kinds of things with that, but it's headed toward $4/loaf. Are there some ideas about easy and cheap homemade breakfast breads out there?
Post here, or directly to me. Thanks everyone!
-Scott Lindgren scottlindgren@netzero.net

9 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1