The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

In search of a great Tex Mex cheese Enchilada...

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
In search of a great Tex Mex cheese Enchilada... Mon, 01/7/08 2:42 PM (permalink)
I'm born and raised in Dallas. When I was a kid I mowed lawns for a living. I would take some of my money, walk to the nearby El Chico, and order 2 plates of cheese enchiladas. They came 3 to a plate. I was in kid heaven!

Later I worked for El Chico. One of my jobs wat to roll 500 cheese enchiladas for the days service, just cheese and onion, rolled in a corn tortilla. When I finishes I would put 12 of those delicious babys on a plate ( they barley fit ) and cover w/ chili. That was lunch! It was free!!!

Up untill the late 80s El Chico still made the same great cheese enchilada. Then something changed. It was the kind of cheese they used. I am kiking my self for not remembering the brand they used.

El Fenix still makes a good enchilada and I can tell no difference from when I was a kid. I always liked El Chico just a bit better though. Both places still make a good chili to go over them.

Who do you know who makes a great Tex Mex cheese enchilada? And does anyone happen to know the brand of cheese El Chico used to use?
Joe

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com