The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

 Cookies & Milk Bakery

Author Message
NYNM

  • Total Posts: 3037
  • Joined: 6/16/2005
  • Location: New York, NY/Santa Fe, NM
Cookies & Milk Bakery Sat, 01/26/08 7:34 PM (permalink)
"Trendy" as NYC can be (and ridiculous too) I just read a review on:
http://www.milkandcookiesbakery.com/

Just cookies ( i dz regualrs + daily special), ice cream cookie sandwiches, brownies, bars and beverages (featuring milk and milk-type drinks)
 
#1
    NYNM

    • Total Posts: 3037
    • Joined: 6/16/2005
    • Location: New York, NY/Santa Fe, NM
    RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery Sat, 01/26/08 10:12 PM (permalink)
    Related to this is today's feature:
    Rice to Riches - a place in NY devoted to rice puddings. I never knew it existed until I saw it here!
    http://www.ricetoriches.com
     
    #2
      tacchino

      • Total Posts: 560
      • Joined: 11/13/2004
      • Location: New York City, NY
      RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery Sat, 01/26/08 10:31 PM (permalink)
      And at Manhattan prices...eighteen dollars for a "baker's dozen" of cookies, and almost four dollars for a brownie bar?
      I give them credit...they will probably do bang up business. Places like the Magnolia Bakery in the Village proved that there are many, many Manhattanites with little interest in cooking, yet lots of interest in eating sugary goodies, and they will part with a good sum of money to get these.

      I never understood this when I lived in Manhattan...you could buy the allegedly "high quality imported" ingredients over at your local Whole Foods, Zabar's, Jefferson Market, Balducci's, etc., and make these basic baked goods in your own apartment in very little time with very little effort. But, given the warp speed at which many young professionals live in Manhattan, I guess even spending a little bit of time to make home baked treats isn't worth it.

       
      #3
        NYNM

        • Total Posts: 3037
        • Joined: 6/16/2005
        • Location: New York, NY/Santa Fe, NM
        RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery Sun, 01/27/08 10:40 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by tacchino

        Places like the Magnolia Bakery in the Village proved that there are many, many Manhattanites with little interest in cooking, yet lots of interest in eating sugary goodies, and they will part with a good sum of money to get these.

        I never understood this when I lived in Manhattan...you could buy the allegedly "high quality imported" ingredients over at your local Whole Foods, Zabar's, Jefferson Market, Balducci's, etc., and make these basic baked goods in your own apartment in very little time with very little effort. But, given the warp speed at which many young professionals live in Manhattan, I guess even spending a little bit of time to make home baked treats isn't worth it.




        Make a batch, Fedex them over and sell them as exotic, antiquated, homemades! Get rich!

        "Yunnies" (Young Urban Narcissists as coined by Jeremiah's Vanishing NY blogspot) are hardly homebodies. Given the size of apartments, most Manhattanites only use their ovens for another storage space.
         
        #4
          CajunKing

          • Total Posts: 6317
          • Joined: 7/6/2006
          • Location: Live at Saint Clair
          • Roadfood Insider
          RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery Sun, 01/27/08 3:37 PM (permalink)
          NYNM

          When I was in college, we had a place that only made cookies and also delivered them all over campus.
          The had an awesome oatmeal raisin.

          I would order 2 dozen and a 1/2 gallon of milk. 20-30 minutes later hot fresh cookies and ice cold milk would arrive at the dorm.

           
          #5
            NYNM

            • Total Posts: 3037
            • Joined: 6/16/2005
            • Location: New York, NY/Santa Fe, NM
            RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery Mon, 01/28/08 1:58 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by CajunKing

            NYNM

            When I was in college, we had a place that only made cookies and also delivered them all over campus.
            The had an awesome oatmeal raisin.

            I would order 2 dozen and a 1/2 gallon of milk. 20-30 minutes later hot fresh cookies and ice cold milk would arrive at the dorm.




            mmm yummy. Where was it?
             
            #6
              billyboy

              • Total Posts: 2363
              • Joined: 1/23/2005
              • Location: New York City, NY
              RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery Mon, 01/28/08 4:03 AM (permalink)
              Yeah, Manhattanites make the best reservations in town! Their best kitchen utensil is a phone! Milk and Cookies does a good business from what I hear. I only went there once and thought it was okay, but pricey. I bake, so I tend to be more critical if it's something I can make at home. I do love Magnolia's cupcakes and their banana pudding is outstanding, however, I won't go there on the weekends baecause I can't deal with the lines. NYNM, love the rice pudding. I've got a nice collection of those Jetsons style bowls in my cupboard. They're re-usable.
              quote:
              Originally posted by tacchino

              And at Manhattan prices...eighteen dollars for a "baker's dozen" of cookies, and almost four dollars for a brownie bar?
              I give them credit...they will probably do bang up business. Places like the Magnolia Bakery in the Village proved that there are many, many Manhattanites with little interest in cooking, yet lots of interest in eating sugary goodies, and they will part with a good sum of money to get these.

              I never understood this when I lived in Manhattan...you could buy the allegedly "high quality imported" ingredients over at your local Whole Foods, Zabar's, Jefferson Market, Balducci's, etc., and make these basic baked goods in your own apartment in very little time with very little effort. But, given the warp speed at which many young professionals live in Manhattan, I guess even spending a little bit of time to make home baked treats isn't worth it.


               
              #7
                CajunKing

                • Total Posts: 6317
                • Joined: 7/6/2006
                • Location: Live at Saint Clair
                • Roadfood Insider
                RE: Cookies & Milk Bakery Mon, 01/28/08 12:29 PM (permalink)
                Anderson, Indiana
                The school's food service made them.

                You could order a "Wild" pizza from the school's pizza joint "Wild Pizza" and also the cookies from the Raven's Haven.
                 
                #8
                  Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

                  Jump to:

                  Current active users

                  There are 0 members and 2 guests.

                  Icon Legend and Permission

                  • New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

                  2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com