The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

GentleMan Jim's Jonesborough TN (pics)

RibRater

• Total Posts: 1862
GentleMan Jim's Jonesborough TN (pics) Sun, 02/10/08 12:15 PM (permalink)
Like many small southern joints, GentleMan Jim's is located in an abandoned gas station. Jim's is fairly new and just recently had their grand opening so the wife and I dropped in for a quick breakfast while we were out this morning. Very clean, very simple, and very fast would be the best way to describe Jim's.

The walls are adorned with Jim Reeve's records, photos, and general memorabilia and the place serves up simple foods fast along with classic country on the radio...Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, and George Jones music goes great with breakfast.

I didn't speak to the owner but based on past experience, my guess is he was a Navy man...the place was clean, the service was fast, and the dinner specials included paella and "A taste of Britian".

Here's the outside - Jim's is on Hwy 81 South about 3 minutes outside of Jonesborough TN, the home of the internationally known story tellers festival. People come from all over the world to participate in the storytelling.

A couple of shots of the inside:

A shot of the breakfast specials board.

And the breakfast menu.

The wife selected pancakes and bacon. She had already started the buttering process when I made her stop to take a snapshot.

And I opted for the Bologna, eggs, and biscuit with gravy.

Neither of us could finish our meals and the total for the meals plus coffee was $11. Overall I'd rate the food a 7 and we would drop in again.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com