wafels and dinges truck (with pics)

Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2464
2008/02/15 23:56:56 (permalink)

wafels and dinges truck (with pics)

After I ate at Five Guys today, I made my way down to Trader Joe's on 14th Street in Manhattan. Outside the store was a truck selling belgian wafels and dinges. I forgot to ask exactly what "dinges" are and I couldn't find a definition on their website at wafelsanddinges.com. It lists where their truck will be on what days. I've seen it before outside of the Fairway market on Broadway and 74th Street and outside the 6 train stop at Astor Place.

The truck

The menu. Sorry, this was the best shot I could get. They have a nice big readable version of it on the website.

The brussels wafel and the liege wafel. I opted for the brussels as the liege were pre-made and would just be warmed up in the iron. He made mine while I waited.

My brussels wafel with Belgian chocolate fudge sauce. The sauce seemed to have seized up somewhat at first when he tried to pump it on to the wafel, but it melted nicely on my warm treat and it was pleasantly bittersweet, complemented perfectly by the dusting of confectioner's sugar. Nice and crispy with a faint sugar flavor, but not too sweet. I think the chocolate and sugar topping took care of that just fine! It was $4 for the wafel and an extra $1 for the topping. Well worth it and a great snack before I went shopping at TJ's. They also have topping such as strawberries, dulce de leche, Nutella and maple syrup.

Another shot of my wafel.

6 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1