Snowflake Ice Cream - Long Island NY

Author
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5116
2008/02/16 22:03:18 (permalink)

Snowflake Ice Cream - Long Island NY

After a lovely morning spent trying to thaw out and repair a pump on an old boat, something that is oh so fun in 25 degree and windy weather, I thought...what a great day for ice cream. (As if there are days that ARE NOT great for ice cream!) So, with the heat set on high I drove over to[url='http://roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=4337']Snowflake Ice Cream[/url], my favorite ice cream stop.

Once there I was greeted with this sign...

This concoction is their finest chocolate ice cream, with a green tinted marshmallow swirl, what looked like streaks of fudge, and yes, candy corn. This is view of the container...taken thru the glass so it loses a bit of detail...

and here is the dish my 6 year old son, and boat repair assistant received. Do you really think ANY 6 year old could resist something called Gopher Guts??

The flavor was surprisingly good!

I opted for the far more sophisticated flavor called "banana split". Vanilla Ice cream with bananas, cherries, and walnuts.

I ordered mine as a sundae, as I can't pass up the marshmallow topping, which is almost impossible to find any more in this part of the world.

I could have left this sitting out all day and it wouldn't have melted...but I did not!

Snowflake is a place for great ice cream and is well worth a detour if you find yourself on the eastern end of Long Island.

Just remember...

6 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1