Visit to New England Hot Dog Company, Freehold, NJ

Author
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
2008/02/19 22:58:34 (permalink)

Visit to New England Hot Dog Company, Freehold, NJ

On Feb. 18th I went to this new joint on Rt. 9 . It had been "coming soon" for months. Well, it finally came!! It is the only NJ location of a New England chain.
www.nehotdog.com

I first ordered the 1/4 pound all beef dog. I was told it was a Boars Head.

I loved the grilled "dirty" onions, and I loved the Ipswich ale mustard. (But there are enough toppings available to satisfy just about anyone! )
I had asked a few detailed questions about his hot dogs before ordering, so he knew I was a serious hot dog gal. Paul , the owner, was extremely personable, and professional. He said he was pleasantly surprised at just how serious people are about their hot dogs around here. I told him I even go on NJ hot dog tours...
with THE John Fox

I felt like a hot dog queen when Paul suddenly appeared at my table and sat down to ask me "Well, did we satisfy you today?".
I explained that I loved the onions and mustard, but left most of the hot dog cause it was'nt well done , (like I had requested)and I did'nt want to bother him again. (cause he had been so darn nice, already) Cause I know that since it was so big, it's harder to get it well done inside. He said he'd be glad to cook another one for me and get another chance. This time I told him that the smaller natural casing dog would be great (I really like the smaller dogs , anyway,) even though this one just came in a pork/beef mixture. I normally don't do pork. Paul said this was a Sabrett, one that was not available in the supermarket. It was delicious. I really love their toasted "new england style" rolls.
I noticed that Freihoffers has that style roll in my NJ supermarket.

The exciting news is that any day they are supposed to get their delivery of the Maple Leaf brand hot dogs. I had been hoping they would already have that special brand, but Paul said they were still getting a lot of the kinks out. Like he was happy the registers were finally working properly.

I asked him what time he closed, (as I had read Chowhound.com thread about his business, and apparently so did he)
and he said "7:00, but we are tweaking with that. However, I would never wave anyone away at 7:10"

The New England Hot Dog Company is located in the Burlington Coat Factory shopping center, in Freehold. Phone # 732-409-DOGS
It would make a nice stop on a future NJ hot dog tour...

Boy, I said a mouthful, did'nt I ?!?

44 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1