The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been?

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Wed, 02/20/08 12:36 AM (permalink)
I plan to stop there as soon as I get off the plane in Florida in March. One of their locations is near Fort Lauderdale in Plantation.
I'm excited about their wing sampler platter.

It's a very rapidly expanding chain.

Would love to hear opinions on the place. Hope their wings are'nt the real big jumbo kind.

wheregreggeats.com

RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Thu, 02/21/08 4:17 PM (permalink)
    I haven't.
    I am already looking forward to your report though.

Try to find some grilled wings someplace ... I, for one, would like to hear your opinion.

Big Kahuna Kooks

• Total Posts: 490
      RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Thu, 02/21/08 4:32 PM (permalink)
      There was one in West Palm Beach that lasted a bout six months. I went there once and have to say their wings were excellent. Tremendous variety of sauces and styles. It had a small bar inside, but I think they were a victim of Location, Location, LOcation.

DandyDog

• Total Posts: 175
        RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Thu, 02/21/08 11:00 PM (permalink)
        Okay...where is this at???? I'm always in Plantation and love my wings. IMHO some of the best are at Lefty's or Uncle Al's in Davie. Oh geez...I just found their website. It's a franchise http://www.hurricanewings.com/. Locations EVERYWHERE....We're talking a Hooter's wannabe (I do not like Hooter's wings,,,,just for the record) Ellen4611 go to either Lefty's in the Tower Plaza (original) or Uncle Al's on State Rt. 84 for good wings. I like mine with med. or hot/, garlic and teriyake. Bone lickin' good!!! Any trust me...they are not the Jumbo fatty kind. Fried to perfection.

DandyDog

• Total Posts: 175
          RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Thu, 02/21/08 11:06 PM (permalink)
          oh one of bit of info....Lefty's in the Tower Plaza (shopping center in the 595I and 84 corridor) only serves beer and wine. Uncle Al's is a full bar. Just in case you like to partake in the sprits.

ellen4641

RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Fri, 02/22/08 1:04 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by DandyDog

Okay...where is this at???? I'm always in Plantation and love my wings. IMHO some of the best are at Lefty's or Uncle Al's in Davie. Oh geez...I just found their website. It's a franchise http://www.hurricanewings.com/. Locations EVERYWHERE....We're talking a Hooter's wannabe (I do not like Hooter's wings,,,,just for the record) Ellen4611 go to either Lefty's in the Tower Plaza (original) or Uncle Al's on State Rt. 84 for good wings. I like mine with med. or hot/, garlic and teriyake. Bone lickin' good!!! Any trust me...they are not the Jumbo fatty kind. Fried to perfection.

Thanks Dandydog for the recs! So NOW it looks like I'll be going for the "triple play" when I get off the airplane in FLL ! (Hurricanes , Lefty's AND Uncle Al's !) (Hey, I'll be visiting my Uncle Al in Delray Beach, so any restaurant named "Uncle Al's" is alright in my book!

I prefer mine mild (cause I like to taste the buttery flavor)with a little kick, and I get extra sides of mild and medium sauces.
            Garlic is my 2nd favorite. And I love homemade ranch and blue cheese dressings! I hate when places give out those Ken's brand dressings!
            (plus I hate the taste of Ken's!)

And BTW, I'm not a Hooters Wings fan, either, Dandydog. There are even 2 locations right here in AC, at the Trop and at Trump Marina. I find they taste boring to me,
            (so I hope the Hurricane is not copying Hooters too much)
            (although I do like their sauces)

I'll package this all into my "10 days in Florida" trip report!
            Stay tuned!

p.s. Can't wait to go warm up in south Florida. It's too cold this week in Jersey!

MiamiDon

RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Fri, 02/22/08 9:25 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by ellen4641

quote:
              Originally posted by DandyDog

Thanks Dandydog for the recs! So NOW it looks like I'll be going for the "triple play" when I get off the airplane in FLL ! (Hurricanes , Lefty's AND Uncle Al's !) (Hey, I'll be visiting my Uncle Al in Delray Beach, so any restaurant named "Uncle Al's" is alright in my book!

I prefer mine mild (cause I like to taste the buttery flavor)with a little kick, and I get extra sides of mild and medium sauces.
              Garlic is my 2nd favorite. And I love homemade ranch and blue cheese dressings! I hate when places give out those Ken's brand dressings!
              (plus I hate the taste of Ken's!)

And BTW, I'm not a Hooters Wings fan, either, Dandydog. There are even 2 locations right here in AC, at the Trop and at Trump Marina. I find they taste boring to me,
              (so I hope the Hurricane is not copying Hooters too much)
              (although I do like their sauces)

I'll package this all into my "10 days in Florida" trip report!
              Stay tuned!

p.s. Can't wait to go warm up in south Florida. It's too cold this week in Jersey!

It will be plenty warm, if you come soon. Highs are projected to be in the mid-80's through Sunday.

jimsock9

• Total Posts: 285
                RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Fri, 02/22/08 9:38 AM (permalink)
                Ellen ~
                Please be sure to include yourself in some of the pictures as you have in the past; the food's not the only thing great to look at! Thanks!

ellen4641

RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Fri, 02/22/08 10:34 AM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by jimsock9

Ellen ~
                  Please be sure to include yourself in some of the pictures as you have in the past; the food's not the only thing great to look at! Thanks!

That's so sweet, thanks jimsock9!

I'll be arriving March 1st, so keep it warm down there!

IansMom

• Total Posts: 394
                    RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Fri, 02/22/08 10:58 AM (permalink)
                    Ellen.. where in Delray is Uncle AL... my mom lives in Delray... might be nice to have a few more friends down there

ellen4641

RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Fri, 02/22/08 12:51 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by IansMom

Ellen.. where in Delray is Uncle AL... my mom lives in Delray... might be nice to have a few more friends down there

Uncle Al (along with my Aunt Ruth) lives in Kings Point, a huge retirement community. They are in their early 70's and actually are members of the "young seniors" club . They are very active ,and always looking to meet new friends.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3699
                        RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Fri, 02/22/08 2:46 PM (permalink)
                        There was a Hurricane Wings within stumbling distance from my condo. I ate there once - the night of the Green Bay/Dallas Thursday night football game that was NFL Network (which I don't get at home).

They have a LOT of choices for wings - different flavors, degrees of heat, and dipping sauces. I tend to be something of a purist with my wings (surprise, huh?) - Buffalo-style, with a good bit of bite. These were fair - and, frankly, seemed pretty overpriced compared to what I can get at an excellent wing place a little further up the road (native Rochesterian owns the place). There was a young college-aged crowd in there, for the most part.

It just didn't seem like my kind of place - better out there for less money. A few weeks later, they were no longer a Hurricane Wings - they were something else that looked even more like a frat boy bar. Who knows how long they will last?

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
                          RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Sun, 02/24/08 12:15 AM (permalink)
                          We went down to Port St. Lucie last August to visit the MIL and Hurricane wings was closed for remodeling. Was a bit disappointed as we enjoyed eating there on a previous trip.

HurricaneGreco

• Total Posts: 2
                            RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Wed, 03/5/08 9:24 PM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by ellen4641

I plan to stop there as soon as I get off the plane in Florida in March. One of their locations is near Fort Lauderdale in Plantation.
                            I'm excited about their wing sampler platter.

It's a very rapidly expanding chain.

Would love to hear opinions on the place. Hope their wings are'nt the real big jumbo kind.

HurricaneGreco

• Total Posts: 2
                              RE: Hurricane Grill and Wings, anybody been? Wed, 03/5/08 9:26 PM (permalink)
                              Hurricane Grill & Wings wants to help the state of Florida participate in the national election for the president of the free world and show that its citizens count. On Thursday, March 6, 2008, all Hurricane Grill & Wings restaurants in the state of Florida will give a FREE Crispy Wing Appetizer to anyone who comes in with a valid Florida voter registration card.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread
                                • Reply to message
                                • Post New Poll
                                • Submit Vote
                                • Post reward post
                                • Delete my own posts
                                • Delete my own threads
                                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com