The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Hanson Country Market ~ Hanson, KY

Boop333

• Total Posts: 97
The Hanson Country Market ~ Hanson, KY Tue, 02/26/08 10:45 PM (permalink)
Located in, what has the distinction of being Kentucky's smallest historic district with a thriving art and antiques community. The Hanson Country Market serves up incredible homemade BBQ and deli sandwiches on fresh Amish Sourdough bread. I actually prefer their BBQ over Moonlite's (but, we still go to Moonlite for the AWESOME buffet!)

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4737
    RE: The Hanson Country Market ~ Hanson, KY Wed, 02/27/08 12:02 PM (permalink)
    Since Hanson's somewhat near Owensboro does that make mutton the default meat for barbecue? Or is a variety available?

Brad

Boop333

RE: The Hanson Country Market ~ Hanson, KY Wed, 02/27/08 2:17 PM (permalink)
      They have a variety....I dislike mutton, a LOT

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15076
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: The Hanson Country Market ~ Hanson, KY Wed, 02/27/08 2:25 PM (permalink)
        Missy,
        I have to agree with you. I can pass on the Mutton whenever the Basic Pulled Pork, Brisket, Beef or Ribs of almost anything that moves is available.

We have not visited Hanson's as of yet. But will check it out this Spring !

Louis

• Total Posts: 714
          RE: The Hanson Country Market ~ Hanson, KY Wed, 02/27/08 8:30 PM (permalink)
          The owner of Bell's Pharmacy in Sebree told me there is a place in Hanson that serves really good catfish. I'll have to get down there when it warms up and check the area out; it's only a 30-minute drive for me. Hanson is so small that you don't suspect that anything food-worthy would be there. But sometimes that's the best place to look.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7411
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: The Hanson Country Market ~ Hanson, KY Wed, 02/27/08 9:12 PM (permalink)
            Sorry,

Whenever I'm anywhere in Western Kentucky (or Louisville for that matter) it's either Mutton or "Nuttin'"

Boop333

RE: The Hanson Country Market ~ Hanson, KY Wed, 02/27/08 11:19 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Louis

The owner of Bell's Pharmacy in Sebree told me there is a place in Hanson that serves really good catfish. I'll have to get down there when it warms up and check the area out; it's only a 30-minute drive for me. Hanson is so small that you don't suspect that anything food-worthy would be there. But sometimes that's the best place to look.

Yes! I posted about it in the Seafood section.....be sure and try the green tomato relish with your hushpuppies....it's sooooooooooo good!

I'll try to get down there and take some pics to post when the weather clears up a bit.

Here's the thread http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25637

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com