The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

what do you eat when you are......not sober??

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 94 of 94
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15066
  • Roadfood Insider
RE: what do you eat when you are......not sober?? Fri, 01/9/04 9:54 AM (permalink)
Hmmmmm What do I eat when I am... not sober???

Well this morning it was cold oatmeal, half a jar of Herring filets in wine sauce, and a diet Mountain Dew. Lunch will be leftovers from Breakfast.[|)]

Rhodes

• Total Posts: 281
    RE: what do you eat when you are......not sober?? Fri, 01/9/04 10:18 AM (permalink)
    We went to the Birchmere last night to see Doc Watson (great show!), and had a pitcher or so of Native Gold Lager, and the accompanying food was...onion strings (the food there looked ok, but it seriously overpriced - captive audience!). By the end of the evening we were certainly closer to sober than not- (notably the designated driver who had water for the last couple hours), and my brief agitation to stop at a Pho place I spotted was dismissed. Next time I'll drive In the day my preference was late-night Chinese, or less-than-stellar Toronto pizza if I was desperate.

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
      RE: what do you eat when you are......not sober?? Fri, 01/9/04 10:48 AM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Rhodes

We went to the Birchmere last night to see Doc Watson (great show!), and had a pitcher or so of Native Gold Lager, and the accompanying food was...onion strings (the food there looked ok, but it seriously overpriced - captive audience!). By the end of the evening we were certainly closer to sober than not- (notably the designated driver who had water for the last couple hours), and my brief agitation to stop at a Pho place I spotted was dismissed. Next time I'll drive In the day my preference was late-night Chinese, or less-than-stellar Toronto pizza if I was desperate.

Rhodes, as you likely already know, there's always RT's (see: http://alexandriacity.com/dining/rts.htm) right near the Birchmere next time you're there.

Rhodes

• Total Posts: 281
        RE: what do you eat when you are......not sober?? Fri, 01/9/04 11:04 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by i95

quote:
        Originally posted by Rhodes

Rhodes, as you likely already know, there's always RT's (see: http://alexandriacity.com/dining/rts.htm) right near the Birchmere next time you're there.

Actually I _didn't_ know (new around here and all that), but it looks great! Not to mention _much_ more reasonable prices than the Birchmere - price comparison - Birchmere onion strings = $5.25 RT's onion strings $1.95 We're heading down there again in February to see Solomon Burke...hmmm....

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
          Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 94 of 94

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com