- Joined: 3/20/2008
- Location: west sacramento, CA
East Coast Vs West Coast Chinese food?
Sun, 03/23/08 12:00 PM
Okay, seeing as I have lived in East Brunswick, NJ and Staten Island NY as well as Las Vegas, NV, Fullerton, CA, Union City, CA and now West Sacramento CA has anyone that has lived on both coasts or visited see that the chinese food on both coasts.. are different?
- There is no Lo Mein on the West Coast, it's called Chow Mein here if you were to order Chow Mein on the east coast you wouldn't get a noodle dish.. you'd get a gloppy heavy sauce dish with meat and veggies. It's not bad.. but it's not the same thing.
- Duck Sauce. Does not exist in 9/10ths of the chinese places I have been to out here. Only place I find duck sauce packets is a hawaiian bbq place.. go fig eh?
- When you go to a sit down chinese resteraunt on the east coast.. there are three things that are either on the table or get put on the table when you get seated. Duck Sauce, Chinese Hot mustard and noodles. West Coast? Not a thing gets put on the table..
- This just came to me just now reading over the Pu Pu platter discussion. No shrimp toast!
Is there a reason as to WHY this is? Or am I just crazy? ;)