The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Portuguese/Spanish seafoord

NYNM

• Total Posts: 3037
Portuguese/Spanish seafoord Sun, 03/23/08 10:18 PM (permalink)
Today I (finally) made it over to Newark, NJ Ironbound area to try some Portuguese food. I was in the mood for seafood. Last week my dentist recommended Iberia restaurant because he went to dental school nearby.

What a treat!!

There were a lot of seafood dishes, so I asked the waiter for a recommendation. He suggested "Marinara" which was a huge (HUGE) dish of yellow rice with lobster (whole small one), mussles, shrimp (probably 20 or more), clams in shell (maybe 15) and big scallops. It also had pimento, tomato and peas. Actually it was a sort of paella.

My daughter wanted pasta, so I ordered some "with" seafood. I'd say there was 3 x as much seafood as ziti!! Small clams, shrimp, huge scallops (about 20) and about 20 slices of portuguese sausage. With thin garlicky tomato sauce. It was delicious.

We had so much we took home huge "doggy bags", enough for 2 more meals. I can't believe the prices: $18.95 pasta, $20 seafood paella (dinner prices). Mostly the amount of food for that price. Unbelieveable!!

I'll be back.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com