BAD experience at Rio Station, Rio Grande, NJ

Author
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
2008/04/04 11:06:36 (permalink)

BAD experience at Rio Station, Rio Grande, NJ

I went to the Rio Station, which is the next town inland from the Wildwoods, the famed jersey shore resort...

Got there Monday 3-31-08 for dinner.

My meal was NOT amazing! (just the attitude was)

I ordered the regular sized prime rib, end cut, medium , with a bone
PRIME RIB, Rio Station

I don't like how they stopped listing their prime rib prices on the menu. It's now all "based on market" ....mine was $25.00, which seemed fair enough.

Looked pretty decent, but it tasted like shoeleather.
It was such a struggle to cut it!! The only part I liked was that crust by the bone; that was yummy.

I brought it to the attention of my waiter, Ron.
I was told "The chef won't be able to use this piece of meat again".
I said "Good, cause I would'nt want anybody to have this piece anyway, it was too tough"

A dinner experience should never feel like it is a bargaining/negotation session.

All I had asked for is another "small little piece" to replace the big one I was sending back.

The waiter brought the REPLACEMENT out.
The replacement was tasty, but still a bit too veiny..

He said "The chef is the owner , and he said he would do it THIS time"
I replied "Does'nt he want to see the customers happy"?
And Ron said "I brought you back another piece of meat, did'nt I?"

I told him I had been there about 5 or 6 times before; that's why I took a special drive down there today, cause I liked the prime rib there. (It's a straight shot down the Garden State Parkway for me, just 35 minutes away)

I said "Yes, I know the end cuts usually come out more well done, but it should still be soft and succulent , not tough and stringy.

However, this is the small price we pay for eating at independantly owned restaurants. Perhaps 1 out of 50 times, we will have an unsettling experience like this. The way the owner operates is strictly up to them. And I appreciate that "feedom of operation".

And sure , if I was at an Applebees or a Chili's (places I rarely go to) there would be a Jennifer or a Jessica apologizing with a sweet smile, and offering to bring me a new piece.

But I'll keep taking my chances with independants. Most of the time, luckily I do get treated nicely. (perhaps if I was 8 other people instead of on my own, I would've gotten more respect?)

--ellen--

14 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1