The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Prime rib in Dayton.

brittneal

• Total Posts: 1265
Prime rib in Dayton. Mon, 04/7/08 1:55 PM (permalink)
Except for the high end dinner houses why is it impossible. First experience in 99-Outback steak house. I asked to waitron if she could insure a cut not past medium rare. She even went to the kitchen to check. WHat I got was and endcut at least 20oz. I told her I wanted another so she turned the one I had over to show me I was wrong-brown from edge to enter! The next was around medium so I ate it and shut up.
I cooked tons of prime in my time and it aint thaaat damb hard!!! We had it on early bird(6.99) and sold any where from 6 on a sunday to 18 on the weekend. Thats roasts not slices
We went to O'Charlies in Middletown. There ie was on the daily menu same deal
Next was Rousch's in Fairborn. It was on a special menu so after quizing the server(and she the cooks) I went for it Sent it back again Replacement was a decent MR.
Im not trying to waste food or be a grouch. I truly ask with the intention of ordering somethin else if need be.
We have the Family diner in Fairborn and they had it on pecial for over 6 months. I even called and checked first(do they cook from scratch or buy pre-cooked? Welll done. The second was med-mw but I ate it
Sunday we went to a great place the Mel-o-dee in Medway. Again called 1st and asked my ?'s 1st!. got a well and the server tried to tell me it was cut special by the chef andhe guarrenteed it. Im not blind. We always eat their great broasted chicken(Gloria got Pork chops then) It takes 30 min to cook so I ate bread. My wife tried to refuse hers but I knew she was starved and insisted.
I decided then and there never to order it again! It is my altime favorite but I only like MR or under. Higer temps taste like pot roast to me. It looses the wonderful flavor!

I really wanted to know if anone there knew prime? I called for the manager and explained and asked my ?'s again. She said the owner is a prime fanatic and would freak if he found a customer couldnt get what he wanted.
She wanted to send me a gift certificate and come in when shes on. I said OK.
I wasnt trying to get freebies just what I asked for.
Am I wrong here?
britt

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com