me and my sister visit Harold's Deli 4-7-08

Author
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
2008/04/08 21:59:22 (permalink)

me and my sister visit Harold's Deli 4-7-08

My sister and I drove over yesterday to Harold's , Edison, NJ.
I figure it's been a few days since there was a report from Harold's.. so we're due..

Time for a little salivating again..

I had the pastrami (in the forefront) and she had the corned beef

I thought the pastrami was a little "off" this time. While I like it moist, this time it had a little too much of that "watery" taste.
Also, my sis commented that mine looked light pink, as opposed to the dark pink of her favorite pastrami, the Carnegie.
I remarked that Harold's IS usually a darker pink.

Sis wanted me to tell you that while she thought her corned beef had a nice flavor, it was a tad dry. (espescially if she tried to put more than a few slices in her mouth at once... ) (that's where the Russian dressing really helped)

Harold was there, as usual... manning his podium, and helping with the seating, etc...

On the way out, we passed by a man carrying a couple of long, thin boxes. When we got outside, we saw just what he was delivering...
BREAD!! The mystery of just where Harold gets his rye bread is solved. Certified Bakery, Carlstadt, NJ

In the article mentioning the opening of his 2nd location in East Brunswick (coming summer 2008), Harold says that everything is homemade, except his bread. (which I had'nt known)...

Well, this bakery bread is certified "excellent" in my book!!
Good choice, Harold...

When the weather gets nice again, sis and I will go into NYC for lunch. I told her I'll do the Carnegie with her if she'll try my new favorite place, Sarge's ....

--ellen--

20 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1