Off To Work/Pittston, Pa. to Beverly, Ma.

Author
joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4512
2008/04/15 09:10:56 (permalink)

Off To Work/Pittston, Pa. to Beverly, Ma.

I had meetings in Beverly and Marlborough, Ma on Monday. I drove out on Sunday afternoon.

My fist stop was at Frankies in Waterbury. This is one of my favorite half-way stops whenever I make this trip. Frankies is a Drive-In, part hot dog stand and part seafood hut. I never realized that Frankies is a small regional chain. I stopped at 700 Watertown Avenue Waterbury,CT. Here is a link to their website http://www.frankieshotdogs.com/

Sorry for the poor photo. I still feel a little funny taking pictures.

[img]

There is a pavilion at the end of the parking lot. It was windy and about 50 degrees on Sunday. Since I have a strict rule against eating in the mobile office I was the only person sitting there.

[/img]

I ordered my favorite combo platter, whole belly clams and a hot dog. The clams were hands down the best I ever had. Cooked to perfection, which means they were not over cooked. Not gritty and a hint of salty ocean flavor.

The Dog was delicious. Grilled to perfection, as was the bun. You can order your dog with chili or top it yourself. I chose raw onions and red onion sauce. The sauce was bland, not what I expected.

[img]

Next stop was Beverly. I took cecif's advice and went straight to Nicks Famous Roast Beef.(Thank You) I ordered the Super Beef on an onion roll and a spinach roll. I ordered with just cheese ( the horseradish sauce contains Mayo). The beef was fantastic, no topping needed. The spinach roll was a waste of good calories. The one thing I do want to mention about Nick's is that this place is extremely clean. As I was waiting for my food I took notice of the Prep area. They are to be commended.

[img]

On MondayI decided to try to find Boston Speeds. I had a nice drive down US 1 until I realized my navigation was not updated for the Big Dig. I was in a tunnel and it kept telling me to go left, make a U-turn. I found his spot but he wasn't there. Maybe next time.

Next stop was Marlborough. I saw someone recommend "The Hot Dog Truck". Easy to find. Tasty boiled dogs with skin. I ordered two with chili and onions. I am not going to post a picture. The dogs came with a red sauce and were covered with kidney beans and I am not going to open that can of worms.

[img]

From there it was one more meeting and straight home.[/img][/img][/img]
[/img]

42 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1