The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages

Greyghost

• Total Posts: 1336
Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 8:00 PM (permalink)

It is a very hard thing to consider as well as a spurious truth, but carbonated beverages have come to the attention of government officials concerned about releasing carbon molecules into the atmosphere. Carbonated beverages have come under scrutiny and those carbonated bubbles we all enjoy are considered a threat to the atmosphere and contribute greatly to global warming. Every day, billions of soda and beer bottles are opened, releasing Co 2 into the atmosphere at an alarming rate. Enjoy your favorite beverages while you can...the ban goes into effect on 4/01/09.

iqdiva

• Total Posts: 1491
    RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 8:23 PM (permalink)
    NOT MY DIET COKE !!!!!!!!!! LOL...APRIL FOOLS TO YOU TOO...LOL.....DON'T SCARE US LIKE THAT ! LOL ...

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
      RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 8:24 PM (permalink)
      Says? I've tried searching with no luck. My BF will freak if he can't have his 6-8 cokes per day. I'll miss my beer.

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3662
        RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 8:25 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Greyghost

It is a very hard thing to consider as well as a spurious truth, but carbonated beverages have come to the attention of government officials concerned about releasing carbon molecules into the atmosphere. Carbonated beverages have come under scrutiny and those carbonated bubbles we all enjoy are considered a threat to the atmosphere and contribute greatly to global warming. Every day, billions of soda and beer bottles are opened, releasing Co 2 into the atmosphere at an alarming rate. Enjoy your favorite beverages while you can...the ban goes into effect on 4/01/09.

Ort. Carlton.

• Total Posts: 3589
          RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 8:26 PM (permalink)
          Dearfolk,
          Hoo-wee, I see an opportunity here for Boost!, that most-obscure-of-obscure soft drinks, the pride of Riverside, New Jersey!
          Hey, a person could buy Boost! by the bottle and dilute it with their favorite natural effervescent mineral water (Perrier, what have you) and -- voila!! A delicious, healthfully sparkling naturally-carbonated beverage!!
          Upon finding their website (http://www.takaboost.com), I note that the stuff now comes in caffeine-free and diet versions, plus orange, cherry, and berry fruit syrups (perfect for Slushie[R] machines).
          Can't'ja just see it coming to pass... the immense Coca-Cola empire in Atlanta crumbling all because of this; soft drink dynasties in Dixie (and elsewhere) coming to an end; Pepsico going belly-up; and so forth -- and all the while the teeny tiny little Boost! Company has to borrow $36 gazillion to build a plant capable of keeping up with demand?!?!?!?
          Well, since I can't possibly enjoy any Boost! today (not that I particularly need it), I'm going up to Trappeze in 37 minutes to have me a Charles Wells Bombardier Ale and not worry about the immenent collapse of the entire Atlanta economy for the moment.
          Uncomplicatedly Uncarbonatedly, Ort. Carlton in Effervescent Athens, Georgia.

Rusty246

RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 8:30 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by Greymo

quote:
            Originally posted by Greyghost

Oh hell, I get it now. Well, I printed this out anyway to take home for a "reaction".

Ort. Carlton.

RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 8:33 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Rusty246
              I'll miss my beer.

Rusty246,
              Ah, the BEST beer on earth comes to the patron via a hand pump from the kegs in the basement and is served (to Americans' minds, anyhow) flat and warm. Take my word for it, it doesn't get any better than that. Besides, the belches taste better than they do from drinking the national brand fizz.
              CAMRA-Ready, Ort. Carlton in Photogenic, Phototropic Athens, Georgia.
              P. S. CAMRA is the CAMpaign for Real Ale, an organisation [correct] that began in England circa 1972 and spread to Canada (but is scarcely known in the U. S.). It is sobering to me (and I am dead sober as I peck this) that if I had joined CAMRA when I first heard of the group and had kept my membership current, I would be the longest-tenured member in the entire Southeastern United States. -- I once had the dream of starting a Real Ale brewery here in Athens, back about 1976 I think it was, but thankfully a few pioneers (such as New Albion, Sierra Nevada, and Cartwright) beat me to it. And Terrapin is doing it now. Prosit!!

Ort. Carlton.

RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 8:43 PM (permalink)
                Dearfolk,
                My leg considers itself to have been pulled. -- But Boost! is still a good idea. I plan to order some when I get around to it.
                Boost!lessly, Ort. in 30601.

Rusty246

RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 8:47 PM (permalink)
                  Greyghost is getting an early start. I completely fell for it.

iqdiva

RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 8:50 PM (permalink)
                    Greyghost you ought to be ASHAMED !

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
                      RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Fri, 04/18/08 9:31 PM (permalink)
                      I'm cool with it as long as they don't go too far and ban dihydrogen monoxide as well.

http://www.dhmo.org/

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                        RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Sat, 04/19/08 3:39 PM (permalink)
                        I almost started picketing the state capitol...Greyghost, you are a stinker...

DLnWPBrown

• Total Posts: 832
                          RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Sat, 04/19/08 3:49 PM (permalink)
                          So tell me how you use BOOST.

Dennis in Cary

Greyghost

• Total Posts: 1336
                            RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Sat, 04/19/08 7:30 PM (permalink)
                            Glad everyone got the joke. I did leave enough clues though. Then again, government does what it does and not often wisely, it could happen though. Think about it.

iqdiva

RE: Government Will Soon Ban Carbonated Beverages Sat, 04/19/08 7:35 PM (permalink)
                              OOOOOOOHHH....I shudder to think ! LOL...

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread
                                • Reply to message
                                • Post New Poll
                                • Submit Vote
                                • Post reward post
                                • Delete my own posts
                                • Delete my own threads
                                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com