Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Certified CZECH's ???

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
  • Roadfood Insider
Certified CZECH's ??? Sun, 03/23/03 11:08 AM (permalink)
OK, I haven't stuck my nose into this board yet, so I guess it is time. I am the desendant of a Czech family that came to the USA in 1912. They lived in the Czech communities in the Chicago area for a long time. When we visit some of our distant relatives up that way, much of the conversation drifts to Czech Food. My Mother is in her 90's now and no longer can labor in the kitchen for a full day to make some of the traditional dumplings and other dishes. I have zero language skills, even typing some of the names of dishes get my fingers tangled.
We have tried Czech places in Wilson Kansas, Wilbur Nebraska, and Tabor, South Dakota. In a Chicago suburb, the BOHEMEIAN CRYSTAL service a pretty good duck dinner, but some of my relatives say it isn't "Authentic". What do I know?? In roadtripping in Texas we visited Shiner TX, took the tour of the brewery, sucked down the three free samples of their fine products, and Mother spoke Czech to a bunch of folks. Czech is the 3rd largest Language group in TX after English and Spanish.
What I want from y'all are referrals for Czech food and festivals that you know of . we have visited many, and really had a good time, and ate very well. SO come on...dig thru those memories and give us the info on where to find the Kolache of your dreams.
AL

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com