The stars at night are big & bright...

Author
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10495
2008/04/21 09:27:12 (permalink)

The stars at night are big & bright...

..Deep in the heart of Texas!!!

My cousin Johnny (aka Big Tex) and I will be spending the week driving around the Lone Star state. We will be doing plenty of sightseeing and eating, with the trip culminating with the Roadfood bus tour in Austin next Saturday. This should be a lot of fun!

Friday April 18

Our plane landed at Hobby Airport in Houston around 10:30PM, so the dining options were limited once we got out on the road. We spotted a Whataburger (open 24 hrs) and pulled in there. Johnny has never been to one and I have only ever been to the Feltner's Whataburger in Russellville, Arkansas. Anyway, the food was fine for under the circumstances, with the best being the greasy onion rings. I didn't care for my burger at all, but the strawberry shake was huge and extra thick. The service was friendly, but real slow and it took us much longer to eat than we had hoped.

Unfortunately, our hotel was new and our GPS wouldn't accept the address. We made a navigational error and ended up on the wrong side of the city. Whoops! We didn't get to our room until after 1:00AM.
No big deal.....we know better things are ahead!

Much more to come.....

218 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1