Smoker 101 - help needed!

Author
sardy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
2003/10/07 12:09:40 (permalink)

Smoker 101 - help needed!

Hi guys--

I am a long-time lurker and first time poster here (though I plan on diving in and getting to know everyone)--this is a GREAT forum.

Anyway, I was hoping for a little help/advice. I just purchased a used smoker and don't know where to begin. It appears to be an older Brimkmann electric (definitely electric, looks like a Brinkmann). I've read plenty of advice here on techniques for smoking, recipes, etc. But what I really need is a simple, basic, remedial "Electric Smoker 101."

What would help immensely, would be a diagram of various parts and where they go... Where does the water go? The heating element? The rack? The wood chips? And so on...

I don't expect anyone to draw me a map, but I was wondering if anyone had any good links to sites that might describe in detail how to set up and use electric smokers?

I figure that after I get this thing cleaned up and assembled, it'll be great for practice--I'll probably start with some jerky (I've made some great jerky in the past in a dehydrator). And once I learn my chops on this second-hand smoker, I'll feel more comfortable going out and buying a brand new one...!

Thanks!!

--SArdy

8 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1