Goodburger Opens in Philly

Author
phlmaestro
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 366
2008/05/06 23:51:02 (permalink)

Goodburger Opens in Philly

The New York mini-chain Goodburger has opened a location in Philadelphia (the owner of Pietro's, a pizza place with two locations in Center City is also involved). I know a number of people have written that their NYC locations have gone down hill, and I'm sure they're trying extra hard to impress in their first week (they opened Saturday). But I went for the first time tonight and was extremely happy with my burger. I asked for it medium and it was cooked perfectly, with a nice pink streak in the center and was nicely moist with a flame broiled flavor. I didn't ask how much a single weighs, but it looked and felt like it was around a 5-6 ounce patty, which is an ideal size IMO. I asked for it with just onion and pickles and added ketchup myself. The onions were very thinly sliced red onions, which I love.
I didn't have any fries, but did order a shake, which wasn't as impressive as the burger. The problem was that it wasn't thick enough, although I did overhear a woman behind the counter telling one of the younger employees to make the shakes thicker. I'll give them a pass this time on the thickness and see if they do better the next time I visit. And actually, I was a little disappointed to see that they don't use old-fashioned milkshake makers. They use regular, albeit very fancy looking blenders, which simply aren't as good for shakes IMO. And it was a pretty small shake considering they charge $5 for it (I had seen others mention that they're expensive, so I was prepared for that). If I wasn't such a milkshake fanatic, I'd probably skip them in the future. But I love the burger and shake combination and prefer to have them together.

4 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1