Scratch Bakery - Johnson City TN

Author
RibRater
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1862
2008/05/10 12:44:33 (permalink)

Scratch Bakery - Johnson City TN

I'm putting this under sandwiches but Scratch Bakery is much more then that. Located in a small building on a corner lot in the middle of the downtown area of JC, Scratch Bakery offers an amazing array of food products from ready to eat sandwiches to take and bake items like pizza and apple dumplings. They have a beautiful wood fired oven where they bake bread daily and pizza's only on the weekends. They also sell fresh sandwiches, hummis, and their own smoked meats (including local trout when available).

A few shots walking around the outside.

The cooler. You never really know what you might find in the cooler from day to day so checking in often is the plan! The first time I was in the bakery they had a few smoked trout in the cooler and one of the regulars was making them an offer..which they accepted (and they busted my chops for ordering a pepperoni pizza. That's not a pizza they like to make and it took about 10 minutes to convince them my wife and son were not eating anything but..they broke down and made it for me but I got some hard looks ;-)

Today I grabbed a pork cuban to go along with some soup I'm making at home.

Some of their smoked meats. They actually make many of the toppings for their pizzas from scratch including the pepperoni, bacon, etc - that's actually a hogs head on the bottom shelf..a prize from one of their recent catering events.

A shot of their bread storage area.

Some shots of the pizza area and their large wood fired oven. The oven is probably 8 feet deep. The loaves of bread you see were baked last night and are waiting to be picked up by a local restaurant.

Above you can see Jamie at the woodpile and then shoving some additional wood into the back of the oven.

They also sell fresh bread at the local Farmers Markets on Saturdays so if you're in kingsport, bristol, or JC on the weekend be sure to get by the store or your local Market and grab some of their great products.

Their official name and location...

Scratch Brick Oven Foodworks
(423) 943-4366
100 E Unaka Ave, Johnson City, TN 37601

6 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1