The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

John Henry's - Stafford Springs, CT

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4468
John Henry's - Stafford Springs, CT Sat, 05/17/08 1:26 PM (permalink)
I don't like to be negative but, the wine prices listed in the review really got to me. I have a hard time understanding these kind of mark-ups.

I did some research on wine-searcher.com and checked the retail prices for some of the wines on their list.

Example: Da Vinci San Ippolito, 2003 - Little Bros. Beverage Outlet, Flemington, NJ - Price $29.99. John Henry's price $90.00

2003 Da Vinci Brunello di Montalcino, 2003 - Canal's Bottlestop, Marlton, NJ - Price $48.99. John Henry's price $145.00

MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir Russian River Valley 2004 750 ml Sonoma County, 2004 - Grand Vin Wine & Spirits, New Haven, CT - Price $28.99 John Henry's price $95.00

All these wines are current vintages and are made in large quantities. I believe Da Vinci is a Gallo Brand.

The mark-ups are roughly 3X retail. I know the restaurant business is tough and margins are tight. And I believe its OK to mark-up a $10.00 bottles 3X wholesale(not retail), but as the price of the wine goes up the mark-up should come down.

Is it just me?

Edit: I just realized that this was a Logbook Entry and only Insiders can access it.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com