BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga

Author
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10281
2008/06/17 20:42:12 (permalink)

BB, WJ, & TTM June 2008 Baseball & Roadfood Saga

There were so many possible titles to use for my weekend in Kansas City with wanderingjew and The Travelin Man. This thread was called CHICKEN & PANCAKES, but it has outgrown the original title.

ATTENTION Baseball Roadfoodies (BB-WJ-TTM)...

Cliff, Dale, & Steve, Please put all your reports into this one thread so as to give the audience a clear idea of the magnitude of your journey!!

Thanks- Al

Friday June 13

The report by all rights should be started by The Travelin Man, who was the first one to arrive in Kansas City. I know he had dinner at The Golden Ox. Obviously, he will have to fill in with that meal later.

TTM and I had spoken earlier in the day and we agreed to have a very late meal at Town Topic, Kansas City's all night burger stand. As my flight got delayed more and more, I was wondering if TTM would still be up for it. Being the Roadfood trooper he is, he didn't let me down. Once I reached the restaurant at 1:30AM, he was standing outside waiting.

Great neon sign at Town Topic!

This place is small with all counter seats. Even at 1:30AM they were packed, but we had only a short wait until a couple seats opened up. Here is a bad pic of the menu.

But we knew we were here to eat burgers. Both of us got doubles.

These are nice small patties with crispy edges. With all the onions on them, it reminded me of the onion burgers I recently ate in El Reno, Oklahoma. Very happy with this burger.

Since I hadn't eaten a huge steak dinner a few hours earlier, I also got a Coney. Obviously, I was expecting a hot dog, but got this instead.

There is a wiener on there buried underneath the chili and beans. Although I enjoy trying different things, this burger/dog combo just didn't work for me.

To drink, we both had shakes, with TTM enjoying the chocolate, I believe, while I sampled the banana.

Delicious shakes! Note the classic boomerang pattern on the counter.

TTM enjoyed seeing me snap photos of my neighbors tater tots.

Hey, if he didn't want his tater tots to end up in a trip report, he shouldn't have sat them near me.....that's what I always say!

There were plenty of signs advertising pie, but once again, I passed. I hope CajunKing and billyboy forgive me. I promise to make it up to you guys later in the trip!

After chatting in the parking lot for a while longer, we headed off to our respective hotels.

Town Topic gets a thumbs up from us!

By the way, what is with the weird little imp guy on the sign in the parking lot?

That's just creepy!

Much more to come.....

219 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1