The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Bad news from Edisto Island, SC

buffetbuster

Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Sun, 06/22/08 11:30 AM (permalink)
I spent a good portion of the day on Edisto Island in South Carolina yesterday. Unfortunately, I discovered that the Ruby Seahorse Grill, Edisto Beach Cafe and Old Post Office are all closed down. Not a good day for me Roadfood-wise to find all of them out of business.

Also, The Bookstore Cafe in Mt. Pleasant is now called Charleston's Cafe. Same ownership and same good food.

Captain Morgan

• Total Posts: 503
    RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Sun, 06/22/08 11:31 AM (permalink)
    Wow....hate to hear that

buffetbuster

RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Sun, 06/22/08 11:40 AM (permalink)
      The young girl I talked to at the Edisto Beach visitor's center told me they have a constant turnover in restaurants. I wonder why that is.....

MiamiDon

RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Sun, 06/22/08 11:41 AM (permalink)
        I'd heard about the OPO closing. After reading the Stern's book about it, I had hoped to find a chance to detour over to Edisto Island.

buffetbuster

RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Sun, 06/22/08 11:44 AM (permalink)
          MiamiDon-
          Old Post Office was the place that I was really looking forward to trying. I did still eat at the Pavilion and had a good meal with a great view overlooking the water.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9579
            RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Mon, 06/23/08 1:24 PM (permalink)
            It's probably a cash flow problem since their business is seasonal. Can't make it thru the down months.

cecif

• Total Posts: 1412
              RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Mon, 06/23/08 2:27 PM (permalink)
              Oops, I was there recently and could've saved you the trouble. (Actually had seen news of some of those in forums before I left...)

Sorry. On the other hand it is still a gorgeous area! I camped at the state park there and LOVED it!

buffetbuster

RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Mon, 06/23/08 3:43 PM (permalink)
                cecif-
                You are correct, it had been mentioned before and I had missed it. There was talk that Old Post Office may just be remodeling, but they are definitely closed now. The woman in the art gallery next door said a new restaurant was going in that space and should be in there by Fall.

You are also right that Edisto Island is really pretty!

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Tue, 06/24/08 2:54 PM (permalink)
                  Greetings from IU Med Center

Cliff - We are going to have to change the "name" from being "Travelinmanned" to "Buffetbustered"

buffetbuster

RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Tue, 06/24/08 3:04 PM (permalink)
                    CK-
                    I guess I had that coming! Why are you at the IU Medical Center? I hope everything is alright!

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                      • Roadfood Insider
                      RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Tue, 06/24/08 7:07 PM (permalink)
                      BB

sent you a message, I do have to say IV nutrition SUCKS, I am looking forward to getting some King Ribs BBQ on Wednesday afternoon

I am sorry you had such a negative time at Edisto Beach, I love it there, had a great week there with a special someone back in college

buffetbuster

RE: Bad news from Edisto Island, SC Wed, 06/25/08 3:15 PM (permalink)
                        CK-
                        I don't want to give you the impression that I didn't have a good time on my visit to Edisto island. I was disappointed that three Roadfood places were closed, but I still had plenty of other places to try. And there is so much natural beauty there.

But, it still sounds like you had a much better time there than I did!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com